Sharif terms Musharraf’s re-election a dramaNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:48 am ICT by admin
Pointing out that free and fair elections were not possible under the present Musharraf regime, he blamed the government for the prevailing political crises in the country, adding that it would cause their ultimate death.
He further accused the government of using millions of rupees from public exchequer for their celebrations.
Commenting on his return in September, Sharif said he returned home while putting aside all the fears and threats of dire consequences.
“As far as the question that I wilfully accepted exile rather than being sent to jail is concerned, I will tell the apex court on October 17. The regime is flouting the court orders and had no regard for the Constitution and law, but it is difficult to stop me and 160 million population of the country from getting rid of dictatorship. If had to fly back to Saudi Arabia then why I came back? I returned on the directions of apex court,” he said.
Advocating ‘forceful street movement’ against the military regime, Sharif said it was essential for the ouster of dictatorship from the country, and hoped that the masses would protest against growing inflation and un-employment. (ANI)
- Gilani convicted, opposition demands his ouster (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Gilani convicted for contempt, opposition wants him out (Third Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Gilani convicted for contempt, gets symbolic sentence (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Musharraf vows to return to Pak before mid-term elections - Dec 21, 2010
- Gilani rejects trust vote as Zardari returns home (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Zardari has immunuity as president, Gilani tells Supreme Court (Night Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Civil society vulnerable in Pakistan: Faiz's daughter - Jan 16, 2012
- Musharraf's party formally launched in Islamabad - Sep 20, 2010
- PM Gilani has committed contempt, rules court (Third Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Sindh High Court declares Musharraf a 'proclaimed offender' - Aug 10, 2010
- Pakistani PM faces possibility of disqualification: court - May 09, 2012
- Musharraf will be 'welcomed' by chief justice: Gilani - Sep 13, 2010
- Pakistan PM has committed contempt, says court (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- 'Defiant' Musharraf ready to take on Pak SC head-on if summoned - May 20, 2010
- Gilani has no option but to write letter: Nawaz - Feb 11, 2012