Shahbaz Sharif challenges NRO in Pak SCNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:06 am ICT by admin
A four-member bench of the apex court headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry will take up all petitions against the NRO on Friday, The Dawn reported.
Musharraf had on October 5 promulgated the NRO 2007, which gives immediate relief to Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) chairperson Benazir Bhutto.
Shahbaz in his petition contended that sections 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the NRO violate the fundamental rights of the people.
He said that corrupt politicians and bureaucrats should face accountability rather than enjoy amnesty at the cost of the poor people. (ANI)
- PPP won't run away from accountability: Zardari - Dec 21, 2009
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Gilani won't ask Switzerland to reopen cases against Zardari - Feb 10, 2012
- Gilani gets lawyer in contempt case (Evening Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Gilani has no option but to write letter: Nawaz - Feb 11, 2012
- Zardari graft case: Pakistani government seeks time from Supreme Court - May 25, 2010
- Gilani's appeal in contempt case rejected by apex court - Feb 10, 2012
- Never received any benefit from NRO, faced courts instead: Rehman - Sep 27, 2010
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Pakistan apex court raps government over NRO case - Jan 10, 2012
- Gilani convicted for contempt, opposition wants him out (Third Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- 'Delay in justice triggers lawlessness' - Jan 23, 2010
- President's office gives Zardari immunity against graft trial - Sep 25, 2010
- Pak govt needs to come clean on NRO beneficiaries issue to avoid spat with SC: Editorial - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: amnesty, apex court, benazir bhutto, bureaucrats, chairperson, chief justice, corrupt politicians, former prime minister, fundamental rights, minister nawaz sharif, misuse of power, mohammad, nro, pak sc, petitions, president pervez musharraf, prime minister nawaz, promulgated, rights of the people, shahbaz