Sexy spy Chapman to run for parliament as member of Putin’s partyFebruary 23rd, 2011 - 12:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 23 (ANI): If reports are to be believed, then sexy spy Anna Chapman is to run for the Russian parliament in December as a member of Vladimir Putin’s ruling party.
According to the daily Nezavisimaya Gazeta newspaper, United Russia, the Russian prime minister’s all-powerful party, has already pencilled in Chapman as the next MP for the Volgograd region in southern Russia.
The former spy is all but guaranteed electoral success as Russia is a de facto one-party state and the United Russia party is expected to keep its dominant position for years to come.
She is well suited for the Volgograd seat in so far as she was born and grew up there, reports the Telegraph.
If Chapman becomes an MP she will be following in the footsteps of Andrei Lugovoi, the former KGB bodyguard wanted for the 2006 murder by poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko in London.(ANI)
- Inquest into Russian spy's death to begin in 2013 - Sep 21, 2012
- Putin to cheer for Russian judokas in Olympics - Aug 02, 2012
- When ex-Russian spy catwalked at Moscow Fashion Week - Apr 06, 2011
- Russian president loses temper at press conference - Sep 13, 2011
- For four years, Putin refused to talk to Britain - Sep 09, 2011
- British PM urges Russia to uphold rule of law - Sep 12, 2011
- Sexy Russian spy Anna Chapman set to enter politics? - Feb 18, 2011
- Putin knew about plot to 'assassinate' former Russian spy in London: Wikileaks - Dec 02, 2010
- Report: Anna Chapman's father may have had Kremlin connections - Jul 11, 2010
- Former Russian spy Chapman begins political career - Dec 24, 2010
- Top KGB defector claims Lib Dem aide was Russia's best spy in 30-yrs - Dec 13, 2010
- Former Russian intelligence officer dismisses Putin's spy claims - Dec 04, 2010
- Sexy spy Anna Chapman 'is a celebrity in Russia' post-return - Sep 09, 2010
- Russian opposition MP expelled from parliament - Sep 14, 2012
- Anna Chapman becomes editor of Russian paper - Jun 02, 2011
Tags: alexander litvinenko, andrei lugovoi, bodyguard, chapman, dominant position, electoral success, footsteps, kgb, london feb, mp, nezavisimaya gazeta, parliament, ruling party, russian parliament, russian prime minister, sexy spy, southern russia, telegraph, vladimir putin, volgograd region