Sex ‘predator’ strikes in CambridgeJune 2nd, 2011 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 2 (IANS) A bike-riding sex maniac, who is targeting female students in Cambridge, has caused a scare here.
Each time he has struck, the man has prowled the streets on a bike before grabbing and groping his victims - aged between 19 and 32 - but he has fled the scene when they began struggling or screaming, Daily Mail reported Thursday.
Nine women have so far been attacked in the city - eight of whom were studying at the Cambridge university.
The attacker is in his 20s, of medium build between 5ft 10inch and 6ft and has been described as being physically strong.
As fears grow that his attacks could become more serious, all students, staff and fellows have now been emailed by Mark Wormald, a senior tutor at Pembroke College, warning students to remain vigilant.
The attacks started in August with the latest being Saturday - the first time he has targeted someone who isn’t a student.
Wormald told students: “Students who are travelling across Cambridge after dark on foot rather than on bicycles are urged to walk in pairs wherever possible and to carry a mobile phone and if possible a personal alarm.”
Detective Sergeant Phil Priestley from Cambridgeshire Police said: “This latest incident is extremely similar to the other attacks in this series and we have reasonable grounds to believe that they have all been committed by the same man.
“He appears to have good local knowledge and is travelling to and from the offence locations on a bike.”
- Man killed while resisting robbery in Delhi - May 16, 2012
- Bicycle thieves target Australian Open - Jan 24, 2011
- LeT founder wants Pakistani leaders to learn from Cameron - Jul 15, 2012
- 17 Florida Schools on Lockdown After 'Credible Threat' - Nov 11, 2010
- Cambridge students told to stay out of river - Jun 28, 2011
- Traffic warden sticks ticket on car unaware driver was dead in back seat - Dec 10, 2010
- Police searching for red-coloured bomber bike - Feb 14, 2012
- Tony Danza releases his book about teaching Public School for a year - Sep 11, 2012
- 'Don't shake hands with Muslims' - Dec 15, 2011
- Briton jailed for kicking stepson to death - May 15, 2012
- Why does a moving bicycle not fall over? - Apr 15, 2011
- China debates a cycle that was stolen, found - Feb 23, 2012
- Hero Cycles to launch premium bikes in November - Sep 02, 2011
- Bicycles latest public transport in London from Friday - Jul 29, 2010
- Cycling to work? Growing movement to tackle mobility crisis (Feature) - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: attacker, bicycles, cambridge university, daily mail, detective sergeant, emailed, fears, fellows, female students, local knowledge, mobile phone, pairs, pembroke college, personal alarm, priestley, scare, sex maniac, sex predator, strikes, tutor