Seven US Marines killed in helicopter collisionFebruary 24th, 2012 - 1:29 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Feb 23 (IANS) Seven US Marines were killed in a mid-air collision of two US military helicopters in southern Arizona, CNN reported Thursday.
The crash took place during routine training operations Wednesday night along the California-Arizona border, the Marine Corps said in a statement.
The collision, which occurred near the Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, involved an AH-1W “Super Cobra” attack helicopter and a UH-1Y “Huey” utility chopper.
“The circumstances are being investigated,” it said.
- Nine perish as two IAF choppers collide (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Nine IAF men killed as two choppers collide (Third Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Military Plane and Helicopter collide - Oct 31, 2009
- Obama uses chopper for short Mumbai flight - Nov 06, 2010
- Eight die in Guatemala helicopter crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Eight killed as two IAF choppers collide (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Pawan Hans to deploy two new choppers for Arunachal Pradesh - Apr 29, 2011
- Pakistan wants combat choppers from US to take on Al Qaeda - Jun 16, 2010
- US man jailed over Iran arms export - Oct 27, 2011
- Pak gets two more US army choppers for flood relief operations - Sep 02, 2010
- Close shave for Jet Airways flight - Jul 21, 2011
- Mid-air collision averted over Tamil Nadu (Second Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- S. Korea hold new massive army, air force drills in show of force against N. Korea - Dec 23, 2010
- Antony opens Asia's biggest air show in Bangalore - Feb 09, 2011
- Aerobatic display by fighter jets, copters to be major attraction of Aero India 2011 - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: 1y, arizona border, chopper, circumstances, cnn, cobra attack helicopter, crash, helicopter collision, huey, marine corps air, marine corps air station, marines killed in helicopter, mid air collision, military helicopters, southern arizona, uh, wednesday night