Seven US Marines killed in helicopter collisionFebruary 24th, 2012 - 1:29 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Feb 23 (IANS) Seven US Marines were killed in a mid-air collision of two US military helicopters in southern Arizona, CNN reported Thursday.
The crash took place during routine training operations Wednesday night along the California-Arizona border, the Marine Corps said in a statement.
The collision, which occurred near the Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, involved an AH-1W “Super Cobra” attack helicopter and a UH-1Y “Huey” utility chopper.
“The circumstances are being investigated,” it said.
- Nine perish as two IAF choppers collide (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Nine IAF men killed as two choppers collide (Third Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Military Plane and Helicopter collide - Oct 31, 2009
- Obama uses chopper for short Mumbai flight - Nov 06, 2010
- Eight die in Guatemala helicopter crash - Feb 29, 2012
- Eight killed as two IAF choppers collide (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Pawan Hans to deploy two new choppers for Arunachal Pradesh - Apr 29, 2011
- Pakistan wants combat choppers from US to take on Al Qaeda - Jun 16, 2010
- US man jailed over Iran arms export - Oct 27, 2011
- Pak gets two more US army choppers for flood relief operations - Sep 02, 2010
- Close shave for Jet Airways flight - Jul 21, 2011
- Mid-air collision averted over Tamil Nadu (Second Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- S. Korea hold new massive army, air force drills in show of force against N. Korea - Dec 23, 2010
- Antony opens Asia's biggest air show in Bangalore - Feb 09, 2011
- Aerobatic display by fighter jets, copters to be major attraction of Aero India 2011 - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,