Seven tonnes of cocaine seized in Pacific off MexicoFebruary 16th, 2009 - 10:02 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Feb 16 (DPA) The US Coast Guard and Mexican Navy seized seven tonnes of cocaine on the high seas off Mexico’s Pacific Coast, officials said Sunday.
Investigators found the drugs in a fishing trawler near the coast off the southern Mexican province of Oaxaca. The five-man Mexican crew was arrested.
Mexican drug cartels use the ocean to transport Colombian cocaine to North America. In the past year, the Mexican Navy discovered a mini submarine that was carrying six tonnes of cocaine.
- Seven tonnes of cocaine found in submarine - Jul 31, 2011
- Cocaine found on submarine in Honduran waters - Jul 30, 2011
- 38 tonnes of drug-making chemicals seized in Mexico - Apr 09, 2011
- Colombia seizes 2.6 tonnes of cocaine - Jun 06, 2012
- Mexican navy seizes 2.4 tonnnes of cocaine - May 04, 2010
- Mexico says 42 mn turtles born in 2010-11 nesting season - Dec 22, 2011
- Kidnapped Mexican mayor found dead - Jun 29, 2012
- 80 tonnes of drug-making chemicals seized in Mexico - May 21, 2010
- Cartels have been weakened, says Mexican government - Dec 27, 2010
- Colombian navy seizes 2.5 tonnes of cocaine - Nov 05, 2009
- Two tonnes of cocaine found in coffee bags - Jul 25, 2010
- Colombian authorities seize tonne of cocaine - Jan 31, 2010
- Indian Navy, Coast Guard apprehend pirate ship - Feb 06, 2011
- Japanese tsunami ship drifting to Canada - Mar 25, 2012
- Navy, coast guard ships sink pirate mother-vessel - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: city feb, colombian cocaine, drugs, fishing trawler, high seas, investigators, mexican drug cartels, mexican navy, mexican province, mexico city, mexico mexico, mini submarine, north america, pacific coast, s pacific, tonnes, us coast guard