Seven soldiers killed in Philippine clashesSeptember 30th, 2008 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, Sep 30 (Xinhua) Seven Philippine soldiers were killed and 12 wounded in fighting with members of the separatist Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) in the country’s southern Maguindanao province, an official said Tuesday.The incident took place Monday. The government soldiers started an anti-insurgency operation last month following attacks on civilians by MILF militants in the area.
It was the biggest single-day loss suffered by government troops in September, military spokesman Ernesto Torres, said.
Despite heavy casualties in the operation, government soldiers are confident of defeating the rebel group, the Daily Inquirer quoted Torres as saying.
- Rebels kill eight in Philippines - Apr 04, 2011
- 27 killed in fighting in the Philippines - Mar 28, 2009
- Eleven Muslim rebels killed in the Philippines - Jun 08, 2009
- Three killed in Philippines jail gunfight - Feb 20, 2012
- Three government anti-drug agents killed in Philippines - Apr 13, 2009
- 15 killed in clash in southern Philippines - Oct 27, 2008
- Eight rebels killed in Philippine military air strike - Mar 02, 2009
- 32 people killed in three days of Philippine fighting - Sep 26, 2008
- Philippine massacre suspect blames Muslim rebels for carnage - Nov 27, 2009
- Philippine troops storm village, kill seven rebels - Aug 19, 2009
- Abducted Irish priest freed in Philippines - Nov 12, 2009
- 13 rebels killed in Philippines fighting - Nov 18, 2008
- Two killed, dozens injured in Philippine blast - Jul 07, 2009
- Southern Philippine rebels clash and kill 12 soldiers - Jul 28, 2012
- Probe ordered on civilian deaths in Philippine military offensive - Sep 09, 2008