Seven shot dead on Colombian highwayJuly 9th, 2010 - 12:50 pm ICT by IANS
Bogota, July 9 (IANS/EFE) Seven members of a family, including two minors, were killed when gunmen attacked their vehicle in the northwestern Colombia, authorities said.
The assailants struck Wednesday afternoon in the province of Antioquia, firing on a group of 17 people returning from a funeral, a government official said Thursday.
The Antioquia provincial government attributed the massacre to an ongoing battle among drug gangs in the region.
Eight people were killed last Friday when gunmen fired indiscriminately at patrons in a discotheque in the suburbs of Medellin, the provincial capital.
Colombian authorities, including President Alvaro Uribe, blamed last week’s bloodbath on feuds between drug gangs seeking to control smuggling routes and territories.
- Gunman kills five in Colombia - Jul 28, 2012
- Five die in Colombian bar attack - Sep 27, 2011
- Colombian prosecutor gets 15 years for drug links - Mar 11, 2011
- Five shot dead in Colombian bar - Jul 02, 2012
- Five Colombian cops die in plane crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Murder in Colombian church during Mass - Nov 19, 2010
- Colombian soldiers caught carrying cocaine - Jul 06, 2012
- Two Colombian rebels killed by their own bomb - Jun 08, 2012
- Whisker stolen from giant cat statue in Colombia - Apr 11, 2012
- Judge gunned down in Colombia - Apr 23, 2010
- Colombian troops kill rebel blamed for 84 deaths - Apr 18, 2012
- Juanes concert brings attention to violence in Colombian city - Sep 23, 2010
- 5 shot dead during Colombian carnival - Feb 01, 2011
- Four killed in Colombia shootout - Jul 31, 2010
- 21 killed in Colombia accident - Apr 06, 2010
Tags: assailants, bloodbath, bogota, colombian authorities, discotheque, drug gangs, feuds, government official, gunmen, kv, last friday, medellin, mj, northwestern colombia, patrons, president alvaro uribe, provincial capital, provincial government, wednesday afternoon