Seven militants killed in AfghanistanNovember 13th, 2010 - 4:54 am ICT by IANS
Kabul, Nov 13 (IANS) An airstrike launched by the NATO- led forces killed seven Taliban insurgents in southern Afghanistan, Xinhua reported.
The airstrike targeted Friday a district level Taliban command and control centre in the Now Zad district of Helmand province, the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said.
The Taliban militants were using the location to control insurgent activities and as a meeting site, it said, adding that initial reports indicate no civilians were harmed in the operation.
- NATO apologizes for airstrike which killed Afghan women, children - May 30, 2011
- Seven die in Afghanistan blast - Feb 28, 2012
- 31 militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 01, 2010
- 25 killed as insurgent attack foiled in Afghanistan - Oct 08, 2011
- Taliban deputy commander captured in Afghanistan - Aug 15, 2010
- 16 Taliban killed in drone attacks in Afghanistan - Jan 12, 2010
- NATO soldier killed in Afghan insurgent attack - Nov 12, 2011
- 10 militants killed in Afghanistan - Aug 18, 2010
- 20 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 24, 2012
- 10 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 07, 2012
- 18 militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 18, 2011
- 16 killed in Afghan blast, air attack - Sep 13, 2010
- Four Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Oct 08, 2011
- 11 militants killed in Afghanistan - Mar 06, 2011
- Two soldiers killed in NATO chopper crash - Jun 06, 2012