Seven killed in suicide attack in AfghanistanMay 13th, 2009 - 12:33 pm ICT by IANS
Khost (Afghanistan), May 13 (Xinhua) Seven people were killed in a suicide car bomb attack in eastern Afghanistan Wednesday, an official said.
A suicide bomber Wednesday morning drove his explosives laden car towards the gate of a US military base outside Khost city, capital of Khost province in eastern Afghanistan, killing seven people and injuring 21, said an official from Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT) media office.
“The suicide attack occurred in the wee hours of morning when Afghan local workers were coming to the base,” the official said.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack and said that “over four dozen” Afghan and coalition troops were killed in the attack.
- Suicide bombers attack Kabul shortly after Obama's visit - May 03, 2012
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Five Afghan troops killed in suicide bombing - Mar 10, 2010
- Suicide bomber hits Afghan army base - Apr 16, 2011
- 10 killed after suicide bombers storm police station in southeastern Afghanistan - May 22, 2011
- Taliban attack two NATO bases in Afghanistan - Aug 28, 2010
- Seven killed in Afghan suicide blast (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- Two Britons among dead in Kabul attack - Oct 30, 2011
- Twelve killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Sep 02, 2012
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai's aide shot dead in attack - Jul 18, 2011
- 25 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 14, 2012
- Seven die in Afghan suicide bomb attack - Jun 15, 2011
Tags: car bomb attack, coalition troops, eastern afghanistan, explosives, khost afghanistan, provincial reconstruction team, spokesman, suicide attack, suicide bomber, taliban, us military base, wednesday morning, wee hours, xinhua