Seven killed in Iraq violenceJuly 31st, 2010 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, July 31 (IANS) At least seven people were killed and 23 wounded in separate attacks in Iraq Saturday, police said.
In western province of Anbar, a fuel tanker was blown up near a police checkpoint in the city of Fallujah, some 50 km west of Baghdad, killing a policeman and wounding another, a provincial police source told Xinhua.
The driver of the tanker was also killed and two civilians were wounded by the blast, the source said.
In a separate incident, a policeman was wounded in a roadside bomb explosion near his vehicle in the city of Ramadi, about 110 km west of Baghdad, the source said.
In northern Iraq, police patrols found the body of an off-duty soldier who was kidnapped Friday night in Mosul, the capital of Nineveh province, a source said.
Separately, a roadside bomb struck a police patrol in the al- Zanjili area in western Mosul, about 400 km north of Baghdad, wounding eight people, including five policemen, the source said.
Earlier, the police said that four people were killed and 11 others wounded in twin roadside bomb explosions in the town of Yousifiyah, some 20 km south of Baghdad.
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Eight killed in Iraq violence - Aug 16, 2011
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Two soldiers killed in Iraq violence - Aug 13, 2010
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Five killed in Iraq violence - May 24, 2012
- Three killed in Iraq violence - Jun 18, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq bomb blasts - Aug 04, 2011
- Nine killed in Iraq insurgent attacks - Nov 20, 2011
- One killed, nine injured in Iraq bombings - Jul 09, 2012
- US soldier, two civilians killed in Iraq violence - Jul 23, 2010
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 06, 2012
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: bomb explosions, civilians, duty soldier, friday night, fuel tanker, nineveh province, northern iraq, police checkpoint, police patrol, police patrols, police source, policeman, policemen, provincial police, ramadi, roadside bomb explosion, separate attacks, violence baghdad, western province, xinhua