Seven killed in Iraq attacksAugust 6th, 2012 - 1:00 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Aug 6 (IANS) At least seven people were killed in gunfire and bomb attacks in northern and central Iraq, the police said Sunday.
In Iraq’s Nineveh province, gunmen attacked a police checkpoint in Bab-Sinjar district in Mosul city, some 400 km north of Baghdad, killing three policemen, Xinhua quoted a police source as saying.
In a separate incident, a gunman threw a hand grenade on a police checkpoint in al-Kornesh area in central Mosul, killing two passers-by, the source said. The policemen deputed at the checkpoint opened fire on the attacker and shot him dead.
In central Iraq, a car bomb went off in Baghdad’s Qahirah district near the convoy of Brigadier General Mohammed Ghazi, head of the personal protection directorate in the interior ministry, killing a passer-by and injuring the officer and two of his bodyguards, an interior ministry source said.
Three civilians were also wounded by the attack, the source said.
In addition, Sheikh Abdulla al-Nadawi, a tribal leader, was wounded when a bomb attached to his car detonated while he was driving in al-Kasrah district in Baghdad.
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Jul 31, 2010
- Four killed in twin car bomb blasts in Iraq - Jun 11, 2011
- 14 die in Baghdad bombings - Oct 12, 2011
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- 50 killed, hundreds injured in Iraq attacks (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Two soldiers killed in Iraq violence - Aug 13, 2010
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Eight killed in Iraq violence - Aug 16, 2011
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- One killed, nine injured in Iraq bombings - Jul 09, 2012
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- 13 killed in Iraq violence - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: abdulla, bodyguards, bomb attacks, brigadier general, car bomb, central iraq, gunfire, gunmen, hand grenade, interior ministry, iraq attacks, ministry source, mohammed ghazi, nineveh province, personal protection, police checkpoint, police source, policemen, tribal leader, xinhua