Seven killed in Colombia bomb blastAugust 16th, 2008 - 11:51 am ICT by IANS
Bogota, Aug 16 (Xinhua) Seven people were killed and some 50 injured in a bomb blast in northwest Colombia, police said Saturday. The explosion occurred Thursday night in front of a discotheque in central Ituango city of Antioquia province.
The injured were taken by helicopter to Antioquia’s capital Medellin early Friday.
Police suspected the El Pajaro armed group, a faction of the leftist Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), was responsible for the attack.
A person, allegedly involved in engineering the blast, has been detained, police said.
- Two Colombian rebels killed by their own bomb - Jun 08, 2012
- Four dead in Colombia bus attack - Jun 21, 2012
- Five Colombian cops die in plane crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Gunman kills five in Colombia - Jul 28, 2012
- Car bombing injures 29 soldiers in Colombia - Feb 04, 2011
- Guerrillas use dead body in attack in Colombia - Dec 08, 2011
- Colombian troops kill rebel blamed for 84 deaths - Apr 18, 2012
- Car bomb injures former Colombian Interior Minister Londoño, kills 2 - May 16, 2012
- Bomb strapped to horse wounds two Colombian soldiers - Jul 12, 2011
- Over 1,000 landmines found in Colombia - May 26, 2010
- 2 children die in Colombia landmine blast - Apr 20, 2011
- Colombian police seize seven tonnes explosives - Apr 07, 2011
- Colombian Police capture 19 rebels - Nov 12, 2009
- Whisker stolen from giant cat statue in Colombia - Apr 11, 2012
- Top Colombian rebel commander killed - Nov 05, 2011
Tags: armed forces, armed group, bogota, bomb blast, discotheque, el pajaro, explosion, faction, farc, helicopter, medellin, northwest, revolutionary armed forces of colombia, revolutionary armed forces of colombia farc, thursday night, xinhua