Seven killed in China mine collapseFebruary 20th, 2012 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 20 (IANS) Seven coal miners died in China’s Shanxi province when the roof of the coal mine they were in collapsed Sunday, authorities confirmed Monday.
The accident, Sunday afternoon in Beiyu Coal Mine in Linfen city, trapped the seven workers while they were inspecting the mine shaft, Xinhua reported.
By Monday morning, rescuers had pulled out the bodies of all the trapped workers, said a government statement.
The accident is being probed by the authorities.
- 53 rescuers pulled out of southwest China mine, 5 workers trapped - Jul 29, 2012
- Seven trapped Chinese miners found alive - Nov 19, 2011
- 45 trapped miners rescued from Chinese coal mine - Nov 05, 2011
- Five die in China mine collapse - Sep 25, 2011
- Shaft collapses at coal mine in southwest China, killing 5 - Sep 25, 2011
- Seven Chinese miners killed in gas burst (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Six dead in central China coal mine gas leak - Nov 16, 2011
- China coal mine gas leak toll rises to 30 - Oct 18, 2010
- 20 dead in China coal mine gas leak - Nov 10, 2011
- 24 workers trapped in China coal mine blast - May 14, 2010
- Disused shaft, slow evacuation blamed for China mine disaster - Mar 31, 2010
- Seven killed in China coal mine accident - Dec 08, 2011
- China: 11 workers confirmed dead in Changzhi mine accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Struggle to rescue 22 trapped miners in China - Nov 11, 2011
- 152 trapped in flooded coal mine in China - Mar 28, 2010