Seven injured as US n-submarine catches fireMay 25th, 2012 - 8:14 am ICT by IANS
Washington, May 25 (IANS) At least seven people were wounded after a fire broke out overnight on a US Navy’s nuclear-powered submarine, the Navy said Thursday.
The submarine is docked at a shipyard in Maine state, northeast of the US.
The fire broke out shortly before 6 p.m. Wednesday on the USS Miami, an attack submarine, Xinhua quoted Rear Admiral Rick Breckenridge, commander of Submarine Group-2, in a statement.
The injured included three Portsmouth Naval Shipyard firefighters, two crew members and two civilian firefighters providing support. All have been released after medical treatment.
The cause of the fire has not yet been identified, Breckenridge said. A full investigation is taking place.
- US nuclear submarine fire probably caused by a vacuum cleaner - Jun 07, 2012
- Indian Navy in fast forward mode (With Image) - May 16, 2012
- Nuke-powered submarine to boost India's underwater warfare capability - Apr 03, 2012
- India's carrier, n-sub programme delayed - Aug 08, 2012
- After delays, Scorpene submarine now on track: Navy chief - Dec 02, 2010
- Russia to lease n-submarine to India by October - Mar 16, 2011
- Russian submarine to reach Indian shores mid-March - Feb 28, 2012
- Sea trials soon of India's indigenous n-submarine - Dec 02, 2011
- Indian Navy inducts n-powered attack submarine - Apr 04, 2012
- Russian n-sub for Indian Navy coming soon: Envoy - Dec 07, 2011
- Russia hands over Nerpa nuclear submarine to India - Jan 23, 2012
- India's n-submarine Arihant to be commissioned 2012 (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Iran developing n-powered submarine - Jun 13, 2012
- Leased Russian N-submarine to reach India by month-end - Mar 14, 2012
- Russian Navy to induct eight N-submarines by 2020 - Jul 30, 2011