Seven Indians awarded Australian scholarship (Lead)September 21st, 2010 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 21 (IANS) Seven Indian students have been selected by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) for prestigious Australian Leadership Award (ALA) scholarship, it was announced Tuesday.
“I congratulate the seven outstanding people who have been identified for their potential to provide important policy leadership on their return home,” said Australia’s High Commissioner Peter Varghese.
“These are individuals with the capability to shape future social and economic policy in India,” he added.
Awardees of the scholarships will join prestigious Australian universities for their post-graduate studies in fields like community planning, agricultural development and intellectual property law.
“The Australia Leadership Awards demonstrate Australia’s commitment to developing future leadership and building enduring partnerships with India. This is a relationship that will be of increasing importance to both countries in the years ahead,” Varghese told IANS.
“The students will undergo an additional program that will enable them to strengthen their leadership skills, establish networks with emerging leaders in other regional countries and enhance their understanding of our region’s development challenges,” he added.
The seven scholarships awarded to the Indian students are part of 205 ALA Scholarships offered globally in 2011.
- Seven Indian students get prestigious Australian scholarship - Sep 21, 2010
- Seven Indians win Australian scholarship - Sep 21, 2010
- Australia awards 26 high achieving Indians - Feb 23, 2012
- Oz envoy launches book to celebrate significant achievements of Indians Down Under - Feb 17, 2011
- 'Amitabh has made inestimable contribution to global cinema' - Oct 20, 2011
- Australia sees rise in Indian students' applications (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- India-Australia workshop on energy efficiency - Apr 11, 2011
- Australia commits NSG support for India - May 03, 2012
- Cassava, staple of millions, contaminated by cyanide - May 03, 2012
- Australia announces Endeavour Awards - May 15, 2009
- Australia, Visva-Bharati to collaborate on Tagore Museum - Mar 15, 2011
- India, Australia collaborate for scientific research - Jun 26, 2012
- Australian trade surplus widens in December - Feb 02, 2012
- Things much better for Indian students in Australia: Envoy (Interview) - Jan 18, 2011
- Shangri La Dialogue: 'Anodyne' Antony belied expectations (Comment) - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: agricultural development, ala, ausaid, australian universities, commissioner peter, economic policy, emerging leaders, high commissioner, important policy, indian students, intellectual property law, leadership award, leadership awards, leadership skills, New Delhi, policy leadership, post graduate studies, regional countries, scholarships, varghese