Seven family members commit suicide in MexicoJanuary 13th, 2012 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Guadalajara (Mexico), Jan 13 (IANS/EFE) Seven members of a family, including five children, were found dead from gas poisoning in an apparent mass suicide in the western Mexican state of Jalisco, authorities said.
“A strong gas odour” was detected inside the house in Zapopan, a city outside Guadalajara, the capital of Jalisco, the coroner’s office said.
A 42-year-old man was found with a plastic bag over his head that had a hose connected to a tank of cooking gas.
Police found the decomposing bodies of a 40-year-old woman and four girls, aged 10, 12, 14 and 16, as well as a baby about 1, at the house in a poor neighbourhood north of Guadalajara.
Neighbours smelled a foul odour coming from the house and called the police.
- Seven members of family found dead in Mexico - Aug 14, 2012
- 26 bodies found inside three vehicles in Mexico - Nov 25, 2011
- 10 killed in Mexico violence - Nov 18, 2010
- Mexican Army kills drug lord - Jul 31, 2010
- Multiple murders: Four Mexican teenagers held - Jan 20, 2012
- Man hid aunt's corpse to collect her pension - Jun 16, 2012
- Mexican claims he found a fairy - Aug 12, 2011
- Mexico recovers stolen 18th century painting - Sep 11, 2011
- Two held for murder of Mexican actress - Dec 31, 2011
- Cyanide-laced food kills five in Mexico - Dec 27, 2011
- Child prodigy performs with Mexican philharmonic - Mar 06, 2012
- 15 tonnes of methamphetamine seized in Mexico - Feb 10, 2012
- Mexico slaughters 3.8 mn chickens to stem bird-flu outbreak - Jul 19, 2012
- Cuban packages biogas in plastic bags for domestic use - Sep 13, 2012
- Fuel thieves cause pipeline fire in Mexico - Apr 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,