Seven die in Venezuelan refinery blastAugust 25th, 2012 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
Caracas, Aug 25 (IANS) At least seven people were killed and 48 injured Saturday in a gas explosion at an oil refinery in western Venezuela, media reports said.
The incident took place at Amuay oil refinery, reported Xinhua.
The refinery, with an initial capacity of processing some 650,000 barrels of oil per day, is Venezuela’s largest oil refinery that is owned by Petroleos de Venezuela SA. It is located in the Paraguana Peninsula, 350 km from Caracas.
- Venezuela refinery blast: Toll rises to 26 - Aug 26, 2012
- Venezuela to invest $45 bn to build, maintain refineries - Oct 01, 2011
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Italian oil giant to invest $7 bn in Venezuela - Jul 16, 2011
- Production at Venezuela gas field to start in 15 months - Sep 07, 2012
- Venezuela to pay nationalized US firms $420 mn - Mar 26, 2012
- Venezuela, Cuba sign oil exploration treaty - Apr 23, 2010
- Russian firm to operate two oil fields in Venezuela - Apr 13, 2012
- Venezuelans protest against US sanctions - May 26, 2011
- Venezuela, China announce joint oil venture - Apr 20, 2010
- Iraq's largest oil refinery shut down after attack - Feb 26, 2011
- Venezuela, Argentina sign 25 accords - Apr 21, 2010
- Venezuelan economy shrank 3.3 percent in 2009 - Mar 03, 2010
- Venezuela confirms start-up of oil exploration off Cuba - Sep 06, 2012
- Venezuela, Brazil seal accord on oil refinery - Oct 31, 2009