Seven die in Argentina building collapseMarch 24th, 2012 - 11:36 am ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, March 24 (IANS/EFE) Seven workers died when a building under construction collapsed in northeastern Argentina, officials said.
Another five construction workers have been hospitalized and are listed in serious condition following Thursday’s collapse, the officials said.
The tragedy in the city of Corrientes occurred when a section of the ninth floor collapsed onto the roof of an adjoining house.
Hugo Acevedo, a worker at the site whose nephew was among the dead, told the media that his fellow builders “were carrying the columns and installing a water tank when the structure couldn’t support the pressure and collapsed”.
He said “at least 10″ workers who were carrying out that task plunged to the ground.
- Small plane crashes in Argentina - Oct 13, 2011
- Woman survives ninth-floor fall - Aug 16, 2010
- Storm leaves 12 dead in Argentina - Apr 06, 2012
- Missing climber found dead on Argentine peak - Mar 02, 2011
- Briton's dismembered body found in Argentina - Jan 15, 2012
- Five die in Brazil when elevator crashes - Apr 22, 2012
- Seven killed in Colombia accident - Jan 08, 2011
- Eight dead, 15,000 evacuated in Argentina, Uruguay - Nov 27, 2009
- Argentine baby survives three days with bullet wound in chest - Feb 28, 2010
- Argentina railway accident toll climbs to 50 - Feb 24, 2012
- Argentina to nationalize Spanish-controlled oil company - Apr 17, 2012
- 49 dead, 600 injured in railway accident in Argentina - Feb 23, 2012
- Biggest quake in 80 years kills nine in Nepal - Sep 19, 2011
- Argentine rocker hospitalized - Jun 11, 2012
- Honda to start making automobiles in Argentina in 2011 - Jun 25, 2010