Seven die in Afghan suicide bomb attackJune 15th, 2011 - 3:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, June 15 (IANS) Two policemen were among seven people killed Wednesday in a suicide car bomb attack in Afghanistan’s northeastern Kapisa province, Xinhua reported.
A suicide bomber detonated his explosives-laden car in the Kora Taz area of the provincial capital Mahmoud Raqi around 10.00 a.m. killing seven people, including two policemen. Another seven people were injured.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital. The police have launched a probe into the incident and further details were awaited, the interior ministry said in a statement.
Local media reports said the target of the bombing was the education department where a meeting was in progress.
- Eight die as Taliban attack Afghan governor - Sep 03, 2012
- 20 die in Afghan suicide bombing (Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Seven die in Iraq bomb attack - May 22, 2011
- Four killed, 31 hurt in Afghan car bombing (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Three die in Afghan bombing - Jun 19, 2011
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Two school kids killed in Syria bombing - Jul 15, 2012
- Twelve killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Sep 02, 2012
- Six killed, five injured in Kabul attack (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 14 die in Baghdad bombings - Oct 12, 2011
- Seven killed in Afghan bombing - Jul 02, 2012
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: afghanistan, car bomb attack, education department, explosives, interior ministry, kabul, local media, mahmoud raqi, nearby hospital, policemen, provincial capital, suicide bomb attack, suicide bomber, target, xinhua