Seven dead in Minsk metro blastApril 12th, 2011 - 1:20 am ICT by IANS
Minsk, April 11 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Seven people were killed in a blast at a metro station in the Belarusian capital Monday.
The blast took place around 5.50 p.m. at the Oktyabrskaya metro station in Minsk, the Belta news agency said. Some 40 injured were admitted to hospital.
The site of the blast is near the residence of Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko. Police have cordoned off the station. The cause of the blast was not immediately known.
- 11 dead in Minsk metro blast: Belarus president (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011
- Belarusian President Lukashenko says Minsk bombing case is solved - Apr 14, 2011
- Minsk Metro station blast toll rises to 13 - Apr 15, 2011
- Rush-hour metro blast jolts Belarusian capital, kills 11 (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011
- Belarus executes Minsk subway bombers - Mar 18, 2012
- Release bombers' bodies: Amnesty urges Belarus - Mar 21, 2012
- Belarusian police cordon off Minsk central square to quell protest - Jun 16, 2011
- Belarusian border guards get flak over teddy bears - Aug 03, 2012
- Belarus embassy wraps up in Sweden - Aug 11, 2012
- Ecuador refuses to extradite Belarus cop - Aug 30, 2012
- Olympics: Belarus denies boycott rumours - Jul 27, 2012
- Belarus priest may be defrocked over obscenity - May 04, 2012
- Russian embassy bomber jailed in Belarus - May 27, 2011
- Gay parade banned in capital of Belarus - Oct 18, 2011
- Belarusian President warns action against protesters - Jun 15, 2011