Serbian state TV website hackedJuly 3rd, 2010 - 6:42 am ICT by IANS
Belgrade, July 3 (IANS) Suspected Kosovo Albanian hackers attacked the website of Serbia’s state-run Radio Television Serbia (RTS) and uploaded headlines and bylines related to Kosovo, a media report said.
The hackers gained access to the website thrice Friday evening, twice during news reports pertaining to Kosovo and a third time when the recent diplomatic activities of Serbian Foreign Minister Vuk Jeremic were reported, Serbian news agency Tanjug said in a statement.
One headline posted on the website read “Kosovo is Independent”. The headline also carried a byline “Republic of Kosovo”, RTS spokesman Ljubisa Obradovic was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Later in the evening, the website posted a warning saying that access was slow due to the number of visitors. RTS officials said technicians were able to “unblock” the site within five minutes of the attack.
- Kosovo secession legal, rules International Court of Justice - Jul 23, 2010
- Serbia finds 250 Albanians in mass grave - May 10, 2010
- Russia calls on EU, NATO over military actions in Kosovo north - Aug 10, 2011
- Serbians rally to show support to quake-hit Japanese - Apr 11, 2011
- Serbia tops list of European nations with most refugees-* - Jun 21, 2010
- Indian group builds IT park in Serbia - Apr 20, 2012
- Serbia to have world's largest solar park - May 09, 2012
- Hackers fake Nobel literature prize win for author - Oct 07, 2011
- Djokovic to miss Serbia's Davis Cup tie - Mar 28, 2012
- Serbia trashes British reports on Olympics tickets sales - Jun 19, 2012
- Italy to invest 2 bn euros in Serbian energy projects - Oct 27, 2011
- Russia warns against training Syrian rebels in Kosovo - May 15, 2012
- Serbia arrests 10 for 1999 Kosovo killings - Dec 27, 2008
- Serbian football fans sentenced to jail for 2009 murder of French national - Jan 26, 2011
- Falling icicles kill pedestrian - Feb 08, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,