Serb genocide suspect Mladic has own army and 150 sheepAugust 5th, 2008 - 2:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug.5 (ANI): Serbian genocide suspect Ratko Mladic is in hiding with a private army of 200 men and 150 sheep, his former bodyguard revealed last night.
According to The Sun, Mladic, an ex-henchman of Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic, has created a mountain fortress out of a World War II bunker near Serbias border with Macedonia.
His 43-year-old ex-bodyguard was quoted as saying that he is guarded by 200 heavily armed elite soldiers and is herding a flock of 150 sheep.
He also claimed that the ex-general is terminally ill, but did not reveal his location to war crimes investigators because of a row over a five million dollar bounty.
Mladic has been regularly spotted in Serbia since he went on the run 13 years ago, but evaded capture thanks to the protection of ex-military leaders and the secret service.
Karadzic was held in Belgrade last month. (ANI)
- Mladic threatens hunger strike if rights not observed - Jun 06, 2011
- Serbia war crimes suspect Mladic may have been held - May 26, 2011
- Mladic arrives in The Hague to face war crimes charges - Jun 01, 2011
- Clashes erupt in Serbia protest against Mladic arrest - May 30, 2011
- War crimes suspect Hadzic extradited to The Hague - Jul 22, 2011
- Ratko Mladic transferred from prison hospital to cell - Jun 06, 2011
- Bosnia war witness says paramilitary raped Muslims - Sep 07, 2012
- Karadzic denies genocide charges in Bosnia - Jun 12, 2012
- Europe's most wanted war crimes fugitive Mladic held (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Seven Bosnian Serbs convicted for Srebrenica massacre (Lead) - Jun 10, 2010
- Bosnian Serb war crimes fugitive Karadzic arrested - Jul 22, 2008
- 'Karadzic regretted that some Bosnian Muslims escaped genocide' - Nov 03, 2009
- Serbia hands war crimes suspect Stojan Zupljanin to ICTY - Jun 21, 2008
- Bosnia war could have been avoided: Karadzic - Dec 29, 2009
- Bosnian Serb leader's trial set to resume - Sep 04, 2010
Tags: 13 years, bodyguard, elite soldiers, flock, henchman, london, military leaders, mountain fortress, private army, radovan karadzic, ratko mladic, secret service, serb leader, serbia, serbian genocide, sheep, sun, terminally ill, war crimes investigators, world war ii