Sensex up 112 pts, closes at 15,807April 11th, 2008 - 7:49 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Apr.11 (ANI): The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex on Friday gained nearly 112 points on buying support across sectors, which was triggered by better than expected industrial growth data.
The 30-share Sensex, which had lost about 95 points yesterday, bounced back today to close higher by 112.54 points at 15,807.64.
The index touched the day`s high of 15,957.24 and a low of 15,673.67 points.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex climbed by 44.80 points at 4,777.80, after touching a high of 4,817.40 and a low of 4,727.25 points during the day.
Traders said industrial growth of 8.6 percent in February was better than what was expected by the market. Industrial growth was higher than 5.3 per cent in January and even reversed the negative output growth witnessed in consumer durables goods.
However for the first 11 months of last fiscal, industrial growth stood at 8.7 per cent against 11.2 per cent a year ago.
Capital goods index gained the most by 388.38 points at 13,267.51, followed by oil and gas index by 302.01 points at 11,028.75. Public sector undertaking index rose by 117.74 points at 7,444.41.
Metal index shot up by 111.43 points at 13,966.38, power index by 64.36 points at 3,164.39, consumer durables index by 24.27 points at 4,003.21 and auto index by 23.94 points at 4,427.06.
As the buying activity spilled over a wide-front, small-cap index rose by 50.37 points at 8,081.43 and mid-cap index by 44.26 points at 6,523.22.
Bank Idnex lost 50.63 points at 7,900.97, FMCG index by 30.38 points at 2,319.36, Realty index by 20.69 points at 7,195.71 and IT index by 17.25 points at 36.59.38. (ANI with inputs)
- Sensex tanks 324 points in noon trade - May 16, 2012
- India's factory output rises 5.9 percent in November - Jan 12, 2012
- Sensex tanks 238 points on poor Infosys growth outlook - Apr 13, 2012
- Sensex rises 64 points on rate cut hopes - Jun 12, 2012
- Backed by global cues, Sensex closes 276 points higher (Roundup) - Jan 17, 2012
- Sensex closes at 34 points (Roundup) - Apr 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex closes flat ahead of inflation data (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 40 points down on weak industrial data - Aug 09, 2012
- Sensex slips below 18,000 points - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex tanks 77 points; metal, auto, power stocks hit (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Sensex climbs 119 points; SBI, RIL rally (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Sensex rises 63 points; consumer durable, realty stocks up - Jul 03, 2012
- IIP grows 0.1 percent in July, government calls meeting to revive manufacturing (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Sensex rises 100 points in the afternoon trade - Apr 18, 2012
Tags: auto index, bombay stock exchange, cap index, capital goods, consumer durables, day traders, gas index, metal index, national stock exchange, oil and gas, power index, public sector undertaking, sectors, share sensex, small cap