Senior Hong Kong banker convicted of indecent assaultApril 7th, 2009 - 12:46 pm ICT by IANS
Hong Kong, April 7 (DPA) A senior HSBC banker has been convicted of indecent assault after drunkenly groping a woman in a Hong Kong karaoke bar, a news report said Tuesday.
Michael Chan Chi-wang followed the 26-year-old woman into the washroom at the karaoke bar and grabbed her from behind, the Hong Kong Standard reported.
Chan, who is married and holds the job of vice president of commercial banking at HSBC Holdings PLC in Hong Kong, begged her not to report the matter to the police when she alerted the manager at the karaoke bar about the assault.
At a hearing Monday, Chan was found guilty of indecent assault over the September incident. He was sentenced to 160 hours of community service in the city’s Eastern Court.
Chan, 30, told the court he mistook the victim for his ex-girlfriend who he had not seen in six years.
He pleaded with the court not to destroy his career with HSBC, which he joined in 2001, for what he described as “two seconds of folly”.
- Indian American indicted for concealing bank accounts in India - Jan 27, 2011
- Hong Kong teacher jailed for photographing semi-nude schoolgirls - Jan 19, 2010
- Tony Chan's Claim On Nina Wang's Property Has Been Dismissed - Feb 03, 2010
- Briton gets 18 months in jail for molesting student - Apr 29, 2010
- UK doc 'sexually assaulted patients and told a colleague to keep quiet' - Apr 19, 2011
- Man jailed for posting ex-lover's nude photo on Facebook - Nov 13, 2010
- U.S. government seeks names of U.S. residents with HSBC India bank accounts to avoid taxes - Apr 08, 2011
- Feng shui master loses battle for fortune of Asia's richest woman - Feb 02, 2010
- Kiwi man jailed for posting nude pic of ex-girlfriend on Facebook - Nov 13, 2010
- Unions protest HSBC's plan to axe 3,000 jobs in Hong Kong - Sep 08, 2011
- Oz chef jailed for groping employees at hotel - Jul 15, 2010
- Jackie Chan defends himself over cancer-causing shampoo endorsements - Aug 24, 2010
- Court: Nina Wang's lover's will is a forgery - Feb 03, 2010
- Russian woman beats up three cops - Feb 23, 2012
- Indian American jailed for sexual abuse on plane - Aug 16, 2011