Senior Chinese Official for better social management to ensure long-term peaceFebruary 21st, 2011 - 1:48 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing Feb.21 (ANI): A Standing Committee member of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) has called for improved and innovative social management to ensure long-term peace and stability in the country.
Zhou Yongkang’s call came after Chinese President Hu Jintao emphasized the need to maximize factors that are favorable for harmony and minimize those that are adverse to it.
During a seminar, Zhou stressed upon the need for building a socialist social management system with Chinese characteristics, consolidate the ruling status of the CPC and safeguard people’s fundamental interests, Xinhua reports.
He encouraged officials to “correctly reflect and coordinate various interests,” take into account public concerns and enforce social management through communications on equal footing, negotiation, coordination, education and guidance.
He also pointed out the importance of improving the residence permit system and building a national database concerning the basic information of the country’s population in order to provide better services for the people.
Other major tasks listed by Zhou included, more efforts to fight crimes, proper internet management, the reduction of social confrontations, restraints on making and selling of counterfeit goods and preventing and minimizing social risks. (ANI)
- China surges ahead with economic diplomacy in Nepal - Aug 18, 2011
- In China, democracy is only in politburo: WikiLeaks - Dec 19, 2010
- China poses no economic, military threat to US: Hu Jintao - Jan 21, 2011
- Hu wants plantation drives to support scientific development - Apr 04, 2012
- Protect human rights: Chinese leader tells police - May 28, 2012
- Good India-China ties favour peace in Asia: Chinese leader - Nov 01, 2010
- China warns US to keep off Tibet and Taiwan - Jan 21, 2011
- Trust crises between officials, people: Chinese daily - Nov 03, 2011
- India reassures China over Tibet, calls for stronger ties (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- China talks energy, power cooperation with Pakistan - Jun 07, 2012
- Chinese President Hu proposes four points to improve US relations - Jan 18, 2011
- Chinese, US presidents meet on bilateral ties - Jun 20, 2012
- China will face "abyss of internal disorder" if it strays: lawmaker - Mar 12, 2011
- Keep off Tibet, Taiwan, says Hu as US presses rights issues - Jan 21, 2011
- Chinese scientists research largest freshwater lake - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: chinese characteristics, chinese official, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, committee member, communist party of china, confrontations, counterfeit goods, cpc, fundamental interests, hu jintao, internet management, national database, peace and stability, president hu jintao, proper internet, public concerns, social management, standing committee, xinhua