Senator McCain has an affinity for craps!June 30th, 2010 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 30 (ANI): Former Republican presidential candidate John McCain has an affinity for craps, according to Randall Lane’s new book ‘The Zeroes: My Misadventures in the Decade Wall Street Went Insane.’ Recalling his eye-rolling night playing craps with the hard-gambling Arizona senator, Lane, CEO and editor-in-chief of Doubledown Media and editor-at-large for The Daily Beast, said he encountered the senator at the end of 2005 at the American Magazine Conference at the El Conquistador hotel in Puerto Rico.
The New York Daily News quoted him as saying further that McCain was slated to give the conference’s keynote address the next morning, but he (Lane) sensed McCain was not interested in turning in early.
“You could tell by the way McCain played that he knows his craps. This was a guy who wanted action on every roll,” said Lane.
“The old Navy pilot was throwing around a staggering pile of chips with the zeal of a Fleet Week sailor,” he added
And, he was prepared to swab the deck with anyone who messed with his mojo.
Shortly before Lane joined the dice game, McCain had been involved in an “altercation” - a yelling match with a woman, who, another player told the journalist, had invaded the candidate’s “space.”
As the wagering progressed, McCain was initially “a maestro of the felt, intently covering each roll with hundreds, perhaps thousands of dollars,” writes Lane, who was winning, too.
After 90 minutes, the author was up about 700 dollars and McCain was sitting on winnings of “several thousand.”
Having beaten the odds, Lane wanted to walk away. “I really wanted McCain to walk away, too, because he’d accumulated a tidy haul, and because I liked the idea of a President who knew when to leave a surplus alone,” he writes. (ANI)
- McCain's visit sparks debate in Kashmir - Aug 18, 2011
- John McCain ranked most conservative US senator in 2010 - Feb 25, 2011
- McCain points to Pakistan military, terror groups link - Aug 18, 2011
- Vanity Fair's McCain calendar branded 'disgusting' - Oct 28, 2010
- McCain lauds improving security in Jammu and Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- Trump not a "serious" presidential candidate: Republican senator McCain - May 02, 2011
- US senator meets Kashmir governor, chief minister - Aug 17, 2011
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Best way to end Pakistan's support for terrorist groups is to win Afghan war: McCain - Mar 16, 2011
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- US Army's syc-ops' on American lawmakers visiting Afghanistan 'didn't affect me': McCain - Feb 28, 2011
- McCain has blood of peaceful civilians on his hands: Putin - Dec 15, 2011
- McCain like 'Alice in Wonderland' March Hare: Russian speaker - Dec 07, 2011
- McCain commends Obama on bin Laden killing - May 02, 2011
- US senator wants bilateral investment treaty with India - May 15, 2012
Tags: altercation, arizona senator, conquistador hotel in puerto rico, dice game, doubledown media, el conquistador hotel, el conquistador hotel in puerto rico, fleet week, john mccain, misadventures, navy pilot, new york daily news, old navy, republican presidential candidate, republican presidential candidate john mccain, senator lane, senator mccain, several thousand, york daily news, zeal