Senator Kennedy collapses during Obama’s luncheonJanuary 21st, 2009 - 3:30 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Jan 21 (DPA) Long-time US Senator Ted Kennedy, who has been battling brain cancer since May, collapsed Tuesday in the middle of US President Barack Obama’s inaugural lunch with members of Congress.Obama said his prayers were with Kennedy - the brother of former president John F. Kennedy - and his family.
“I would be lying to you if I did not say that right now a part of me is with him,” Obama said.
Kennedy, 76, suffered a seizure towards the end of the lunch, which occurred just after Obama was sworn in as president, US media reported citing sources inside the Capitol.
Kennedy was transported by ambulance to a local hospital.
- Senator Kennedy suffers seizure during Obama's luncheon (Lead) - Jan 21, 2009
- Senator Kennedy released from hospital - Jan 22, 2009
- Obama to speak at Kennedy funeral; burial at Arlington (Lead) - Aug 27, 2009
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-I) - Aug 26, 2009
- Kennedy's funeral to be attended by five US presidents - Aug 28, 2009
- Vicki Kennedy Thanks Democrats For Passage Of Health Care Reform Bill - Mar 23, 2010
- Kennedy eulogised at final farewell - Aug 30, 2009
- F-16s scrambled as US marked 9/11 anniversary - Sep 12, 2011
- Senator Edward Kennedy's death ends `historic' US chapter (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2009
- FBI files show that Ted Kennedy received threats - Jun 15, 2010
- Australia PM lauds 'great American' - Aug 27, 2009
- Ted Kennedy Received Death Threats In His Lifetime - Jun 15, 2010
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
- Edward "Ted" Kennedy: The US Senator Dies At 77 - Aug 26, 2009
- Obamas' condole death of Edward Kennedy - Aug 26, 2009
Tags: ambulance, barack obama, brain cancer, brother, citing sources, dpa, former president, jan 21, john f kennedy, local hospital, long time, lunch, luncheon, members of congress, prayers, president john f kennedy, seizure, senator kennedy, senator ted kennedy, ted kennedy