Secrets of Boyzone split to be revealed on TV showMay 28th, 2009 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) You’ve loved and swooned to their songs making them one of Britain’s biggest boy bands in the 1990s before they split in 2000 and reunited last year. You can catch up on the secrets behind Irish boy band Boyzone’s split, success and reunion in a special television show.
Formed in 1993, Boyzone is a five-member line-up of Ronan Keating, Stephen Gately, Mikey Graham, Keith Duffy and Shane Lynch.
They scored their first hit with release of a cover version hit, “Love me for a reason”. This was followed by further studio albums and four compilations with six number one singles in Britain selling over 15 million albums and making them one of the biggest bands in the country.
In 2000 the band split up among rumours of feuds and fighting. Boyzone reunited for a tour “Back Again…No Matter What” in 2008 and are working on a comeback album, slated to release this year.
The one-hour show “The Boyz Are Back In Town” will premiere Friday on Discovery Travel & Living. There will be a repeat telecast on Saturday.
- Duffy dismisses Boyzone splitting rumours - Jun 14, 2011
- Stephan Gately website launched on his first death anniversary - Oct 11, 2010
- Boyzone to perform at Gately's funeral - Oct 16, 2009
- Boyzone plans to hit the bull's eye with comeback song - Dec 05, 2008
- Boyzone bandmates plan to release album featuring Gately - Nov 01, 2009
- Grieving Boyzone members honour Gately with "76 - 09" tattoos - Oct 17, 2009
- Surviving Boyzone members to stay in church with Gately's body overnight - Oct 15, 2009
- Music world shocked by Gately's death - Oct 12, 2009
- Keating apologises for cheating on sleeve notes of new album - Nov 12, 2010
- Boyzone plans hologram of Stephen Gately - Feb 22, 2010
- Ronan Keating swims Irish sea for charity - Sep 03, 2011
- Ronan Keating splits from wife? - Apr 02, 2012
- Boyzone to pay tribute to late band member - Nov 09, 2009
- Blur to receive The Outstanding Contribution nod at the Brit Awards 2012 - Dec 20, 2011
- Boyzone to release new album featuring Gately - Nov 01, 2009
Tags: 1990s, boy bands, boyzone, comeback album, compilations, discovery travel, feuds, irish boy band, keith duffy, member line, mikey graham, New Delhi, ronan keating, rumours, shane lynch, stephen gately, studio albums, television, tv show