Sean Penn got mobbed by gay leaders on sets of ‘Milk’February 10th, 2009 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 10 (IANS) Hollywood actor Sean Penn, who plays Harvey Milk, a gay activist in Oscar nominated biopic “Milk”, got mobbed by gay leaders during the shoot of the film in San Francisco.
Inspired by Penn’s acting skills, the same-sex leaders had a luncheon with the actor on the sets.
“The gay leaders were so eager to meet Sean that they waited for nearly two hours to let him complete his shoot. Sean, on the other hand, was so moved by their act that he decided to have a luncheon with them,” a source from the production house told IANS via e-mail from California.
Penn has been nominated for the “best actor in leading role” for the film that is the story of the first open gay man in American history to be voted into public office.
“Milk” is to release in India Feb 20.
- 'Milk' voted best gay movie of the decade - May 17, 2011
- Madonna wept watching Penn in 'Milk' - May 05, 2010
- Dustin Lance Black wins best original screenplay Oscar - Feb 23, 2009
- Sean Penn blasts anti-gay protesters post-Oscars - Feb 24, 2009
- Sean Penn backs campaign to commemorate gay Harvey Milks bday - Mar 04, 2009
- Sean Penn wants Harvey Milk Day - Mar 04, 2009
- Schwarzenegger honors Harvey with 'Harvey Milk Day' - Oct 13, 2009
- 'Benjamin Button' leads Oscar nominations, 'Slumdog Millionaire' is second (Lead) - Jan 22, 2009
- Sean Penn pushed for more gay sex in 'Milk' - Dec 03, 2008
- Franco didn't allow acting to interfere with studies - Oct 21, 2008
- James Franco felt uncomfortable with gay scene in movie - Dec 01, 2008
- Sean Penn to be honoured for gay role - Dec 30, 2008
- Brolin in talks for 'Crazy for the Storm' - Aug 23, 2012
- Johansson, Penn not together anymore? - Jun 03, 2011
- Best actor Oscar nominees - Feb 20, 2009