Scottish textile company to play key role in White House redecorationJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 22 (ANI): As Barack Obama and family enter the White House, a Scottish textile company is hoping to play a major role in helping the new inhabitants decorate the first residence in the US.
Biggar-based Calzeat Ltd is expected to produce the fabrics that celebrity interior designer Michael Smith will use to redecorate the presidential home over the coming months.
The family-owned company has worked with Smith for the past six years and have had their fabrics put up in the homes of such big names as Cindy Crawford, George Clooney and Steven Spielberg.
The firm creates unique bespoke fabrics for the California-based designer, and now their fabrics might be used for curtains, upholstery and cushion covers at the White House.
Bob Galbraith, the sales director, said that the company is just waiting to know what fabrics would be used.
“The White House commission is the talk of the interior decorators throughout the States. We don”t know what specific fabrics he will be using, and he won”t know until he sits down with Michelle Obama to decide what he will use, The Scotsman quoted him as saying.
He added: “But he’’s a big fan of our designer Fiona Knight, there’’s a good percentage of his fabric collection that is produced by our mill in Symington, and so he will want to push those.
“So we know that once decisions are made, Michael is bound to use some of our designs and we will be able to say Calzeat has fabrics in the White House.” (ANI)
- Barack Obama hires Cindy Crawfords interior decorator for White House rooms - Jan 15, 2009
- Michelle Obama chooses affordable Pottery Barn furniture for White House - Jan 31, 2009
- Now, spray-on seamless fabric to change how clothes are worn - Sep 15, 2010
- Spray-on futuristic fabrics make their debut - Sep 15, 2010
- Cindy Crawford enjoys being domestic goddess - Jan 12, 2010
- 108-year-old vacuum cleaner retrieved from scrap yard - Mar 03, 2012
- 'Kitchens becoming style statement in South Asian homes' - May 14, 2012
- Finland's Merimekko seeks Indian market with bold designs - Jun 17, 2012
- Lohan recruits home decorator - May 18, 2012
- Some easy Fall decorating tips for your home - Oct 29, 2010
- Obama's Oval Office gets a makeover - Sep 01, 2010
- Replica of White House furniture launched in India - Mar 10, 2010
- Sotheby's to auction Indore palace's items - Nov 01, 2011
- Sotheby's to celebrate 25 years of designers Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla (With Image) - Jul 17, 2012
- Affordable brands to keep Obamas White House residence stylish - Jan 21, 2009
Tags: barack obama, cindy crawford, cushion covers, fabric collection, fabrics, family owned company, galbraith, george clooney, interior decorators, interior designer, key role, london jan, michael smith, michelle obama, redecoration, sales director, steven spielberg, symington, textile company, white house commission