Scottish boss orders staff to vote daughter Miss EnglandAugust 20th, 2010 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 20 (ANI): Staff at a Scots knitwear chain have been ordered by their boss to vote for his daughter so she can be crowned Miss England.
Edinburgh Woollen Mill boss Philip Day’s 18-year-old girl Kirstie, who models for the firm, is a finalist in the beauty contest.
The multi-millionaire’s staff have already helped the 32DD blonde land the Miss Cumbria title and a place in the Miss England contest.
And now his commercial boss Steve Simpson has sent emails to all UK stores - including 300 in Scotland - demanding they vote for Kirstie at least ten times in a phone poll.
“I need and expect all stores to register a minimum of 10 votes and I mean everybody!” the Sun quoted in his first memo on August 18 as stating.
But after she picked up a total of only 1,300 he sent out another email on August 19.
“I asked for all stores to register 10 votes for Kirstie. That would have given Kirstie 5,000. I am extremely disappointed,” it stated.
Day’s PA Linda Duran had also begged staff to show their support earlier this month.
But a source at one store has slammed Simpson’s messages.
“He’s said he’ll be checking to see how many votes have come. The language is pretty threatening,” the source stated.
EWM also runs English-based shop Ponden Homes, and have more than 500 UK stores.
A spokesman said the email “wasn’t sent out by Philip Day” and “was expected to be confidential”. (ANI)
- Staff told to vote for boss's daughter in beauty contest - Aug 21, 2010
- Deposed Miss Dominican Republic apologises - Apr 27, 2012
- Aguilera designing clothes for Brazilian store - Feb 05, 2011
- English council bans mini-skirts in office - Jul 31, 2010
- Mel C upset with Olympic play list - Jun 21, 2012
- Premier League managers rule out England winning WC - Jun 10, 2010
- Another Royal Gets Engaged: Zara Phillips - Dec 23, 2010
- Simpson to mentor a fashion series - Jun 15, 2011
- Jewellery collection reflects Simpson's personality - Dec 23, 2011
- Why we should all be walking backwards for our health (The Funny Side - IANS has introduced a weekly column by Hong Kong-based humour writer Nury Vittachi) - Jun 08, 2012
- Teenaged transsexual enters Miss England pageant - Jan 14, 2012
- Kate Moss parts ways with Topshop - Aug 30, 2010
- Pamela Anderson on brief celibacy - Aug 10, 2012
- Back injury forces Terry out of England- Montenegro tie - Oct 11, 2010
- 'Splitsvilla' winner Siddharth to enter 'Bigg Boss 5' - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: august 19, beauty contest, boss, cumbria, edinburgh woollen mill, email, england london, knitwear, millionaire, miss england, models, old girl, philip day, phone poll, scotland, scots, spokesman, steve simpson, sun