Scotch eggs named UK’s Best Bar SnackNovember 11th, 2009 - 1:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, November 11 (ANI): The humble Scotch egg is the most loved snack served in British bars, says a poll.
The eggs knocked off triple-cooked chips and sausage rolls to the second and third place respectively to claim the best snack title.
Wrapping up the top five in the survey, by Caterer & Hotelkeeper magazine, were pork scratchings, sausages and pickled eggs, reports the Daily Express.
Chef Antony Worrall Thompson said: “Give me a Scotch egg with some piccalilli and I am in heaven - to me it is the best form of snack food.
“The thing with foreign snacks is they are not filling, if you have a plate of Serrano ham or olives they do not fill you up.”
British Beer and Pub Association spokesman Neil Williams added: “These pub classics are part of Britain’s food heritage, so it’s good to see them still much loved by pub-goers.” (ANI)
- Activists slam dog food menu in Philippines - Jul 10, 2011
- Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012
- Indians dig into sausages - desi style - Jul 26, 2009
- Chef's Choice (To go with Humble egg in exotic avatars in Indian gourmet kitchens) - Mar 23, 2012
- Briton banned from bar for unique dancing moves! - Jul 10, 2012
- Healthy Low Calorie Snacks for Weight Loss - Oct 16, 2010
- Brits love a waistline-busting diet of meat and beer over summer - Aug 23, 2010
- Brits are moaning pub-goers, says poll - Jun 23, 2010
- Chicken sausages in desi avatar on Indian plates - Jul 25, 2009
- Aloo chaat, wada pao knock beef cutlets off menu (Eating Out With IANS) - Aug 23, 2011
- Boyle's Olympic creation narrative of British history (Roundup) - Jul 28, 2012
- Scottish butcher claims his 'Devil's Sausage' is world's hottest - Apr 16, 2011
- Healthy Snacks, Weight Loss Can Surely Work Jointly - Oct 15, 2010
- Rachael Ray: Nick Lachey of 'The Sing Off' Stars - Oct 04, 2011
- Kate Middleton's pre-wedding diet revealed - bags of sweets! - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: amp, antony worrall thompson, bar snack, british beer, caterer, daily express, food heritage, goers, november 11, olives, piccalilli, pickled eggs, pork scratchings, sausage rolls, sausages, scotch egg, scotch eggs, snack food, snacks, spokesman