School to ban kids who are not toilet-trainedJune 4th, 2011 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 4 (IANS) A group of parents here have turned an agitated lot after a primary school threatened to ban their children if they were not sent properly toilet-trained.
Headmistress Patricia Deus warned parents that her teachers were spending hours every week helping children as old as five to go to the loo. Many are still wearing nappies, Daily Express reported Saturday.
Writing to parents of all children aged three to five - known as foundation stage - at the 332-pupil inner-city Trinity Catholic primary school in Vauxhall, Liverpool, Deus said: “We have at the school a number of children entering foundation stage who are not properly toilet-trained. Unless your child has been diagnosed with a medical condition, it is not our job to toilet-train them.
“This is a parent’s responsibility and you may be asked to keep your child at home and work with them until they are fully toilet-trained.”
Her ultimatum was backed by health experts who said it was “not the job of teachers to wipe children’s bottoms”.
- British teachers want toilet-trained pupils - Feb 08, 2012
- Mum who fails to toilet-train kids loses custody - Jul 15, 2011
- The brightest baby in Britain? - Apr 14, 2012
- Hello, This Is Nature's Call From A Garbage Heap! - Apr 07, 2012
- Knitting 'has a revolutionary effect on pupils' behaviour' - Feb 13, 2011
- Many British pupils cannot even catch a ball - May 31, 2012
- Primary school teachers in UK 'most at risk of assault' - Mar 29, 2010
- Tetra Pak India joins Coca-Cola-NDTV 'Support My School' campaign - Aug 07, 2012
- Headmistress tortures students with burning wood - Aug 10, 2010
- A British school where kids learn head massage - Oct 03, 2011
- Gizmos replacing pens as kids' essential classroom kit: Survey - Apr 24, 2011
- Empowering children to tackle their problems themselves - Nov 14, 2011
- "People will pay for what has been done to Pak," 7/7 mastermind indoctrinated pupil - Feb 15, 2011
- Computer games could be turning your kid violent - Jul 26, 2012
- 95 percent schools lack RTE infrastructure - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: bottoms, catholic primary school, daily express, deus, foundation stage, health experts, helping children, inner city, job, liverpool, london, medical condition, parents, pupil, toilet, trinity, ultimatum, vauxhall