School student splashes acid on 18 classmatesApril 11th, 2010 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 11 (IANS) A student of a middle school in China splashed sulphuric acid on 18 of his classmates after he was involved in a quarrel with them, a media report said.
The 18 students of Jiadong Middle School in Lufeng city in Guangdong province are suffering from different degrees of burns after a student named Cai splashed sulphuric acid he had with him during a quarrel, Xinhua reported Saturday.
Of the 18 students, 12 were sent to hospitals for treatment, while the rest six have been sent home after medication, officials from the Lufeng publicity department said.
Five students have serious burns on their faces, hands and backs. The burns may cause scars or malformation and the cost of treatment could be fairly high, doctors said.
- Chinese teen ends life over violence - Jul 11, 2012
- Tibetan student immolates herself - Mar 07, 2012
- Girls in China to be taught how to resist 'sugar daddies' - Mar 30, 2011
- 20 tonnes of sulphuric acid leaks in China - Dec 06, 2011
- Chinese students don't know much about safe sex - Nov 14, 2011
- Teacher suspended for making students slap each other - Dec 19, 2011
- How to stay away from old men: A new course for Chinese girls - Mar 31, 2011
- Five minor planets named after Chinese scientists - Jun 05, 2012
- Grief in China as girl who was run over dies - Oct 21, 2011
- Pimples? Go for garlic juice or chemical peels - May 18, 2011
- Six held in child sex case - May 29, 2012
- Class 4 kid sets junior on fire in Bihar - Sep 17, 2011
- Chinese concerned at TV's negative effects - Feb 25, 2012
- Five Chinese women deplaned after midair brawl - Jul 03, 2012
- Eight die in China boat capsize - Sep 10, 2011