School Principal faces jail over racist remarks against Malay-Indian studentsAugust 18th, 2010 - 4:34 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, Aug 18 (ANI): The Kulaijaya police in Malysia, investigating the case of a school Principal who allegedly used ‘racist remarks’ against non-Malay students calling them penumpang (passengers) in the country during her speech at the start of the school’s Merdeka celebrations on August 12, have called her to record her statement today.
According to The Star, the Principal has gone on leave voluntarily and police are hoping to wrap up the case soon, which, if returned with a guilty verdict, would carry a maximum imprisonment of two years, a fine or both.
Police have already recorded statements from teachers and students of the school.
“We hope to wrap up our investigation soon, Kulaijaya deputy OCPD Deputy Supt Mohd Kamil Sukarmi said.
“The probe was being carried out under Section 504 of the Penal Code for provocation which carries a maximum imprisonment of two years, a fine or both,” he added.
About 50 parents and students had lodged reports against the Principal who allegedly described Indian and Chinese origin students as penumpang (passengers) in the country during her speech at the start of the celebrations. (ANI)
- School principal under probe over racist remarks against Malay Indian students - Aug 16, 2010
- Malay Chinese chief says principal should go for counselling for non-Malay racist remark - Aug 17, 2010
- Malaysian Education Ministry warns of action over racist remarks in schools - Sep 06, 2010
- School principal under probe for 'racial slur' against Malay Indian students - Aug 21, 2010
- Malaysian man lodges false robbery report - to postpone marriage! - Jan 19, 2010
- Malaysian sex slave cabbie's 18-year-old girl accomplice nabbed - Jun 08, 2010
- Malay teen forced to be step-grandfather's sex slave - Aug 06, 2010
- Malaysian teen 'sells' fiancee to pay off his gambling debts - Aug 28, 2010
- Vishva-Bharati case: Girl refuses to go back to school - Jul 10, 2012
- Bengal school vice-principal held for caning students - Sep 06, 2012
- Malaysian man threatens to kill wife for being slow in cooking noodles - May 10, 2010
- Visva Bharati shocker: Varsity team visits student - Jul 12, 2012
- Principal suspended for molesting girl students - Mar 05, 2011
- Don Bosco warden arrested in Bengal on charges of sodomy - Jul 16, 2012
- Female ghost in Malaysian police lock-up giving cops nightmares - Jun 01, 2010
Tags: celebrations, chinese origin, guilty verdict, imprisonment, indian students, kamil, kuala lumpur, malysia, merdeka, parents, penal code, provocation, racist remarks, school principal, section 504, supt