School principal beaten to death over land in BiharMay 22nd, 2012 - 12:41 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 22 (IANS) The principal of a government-run school was beaten to death by some villagers Tuesday over a land dispute in Bihar’s Samastipur district, police officials said.
Pramod Kumar Jha, principal of a middle school under Ujiyarpur police station in Samastipur, about 100 km from here, was beaten to death by some villagers when he was on his way to the school, police said.
Jha was atatcked with bamboo sticks and iron rods till he died, allegedly by some people who were involved in a land dispute with him, police officials said.
The slain principal had lodged an FIR against them in connection with a land dispute.
Soon after the incident, angry villagers blocked the road and demanded the arrest of the accused in the case.
Police have lodged a case and begun investigation into it.
This shocking incident has come a day after Ashok Kumar, headmaster of the Bhadwakol government middle school in Munger, was beaten to death by some men, who allegedly demanded ‘rangdari tax’ from him for construction of the school building, police said.
- Government school headmaster beaten to death in Bihar - May 21, 2012
- Dalit boy beaten to death for collecting wood from orchard - Aug 17, 2012
- Five suspected thieves lynched in Bihar - Jun 08, 2010
- Man beaten to death in Bihar for eloping - Sep 12, 2012
- Man accused of killing CPI-M leader murdered - Mar 10, 2012
- Suspected thief lynched in Bihar - Mar 07, 2011
- Mentally challenged woman lynched in Bihar - Aug 04, 2010
- Teacher booked for beating girl student to death - Nov 23, 2010
- Boy killed in Bihar for plucking mangoes - May 25, 2012
- Dalit killed for plucking two brinjals in Bihar village - Nov 10, 2010
- Suspected thief lynched in Bihar - Jul 10, 2011
- Six people, including three kids, die of mysterious disease - Dec 28, 2011
- Two killed in Bihar for practicing witchcraft - Jul 06, 2012
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- Villagers beat three thieves to death - May 19, 2012
Tags: angry villagers, ashok kumar, bamboo sticks, district police, fir, headmaster, iron rods, land dispute, munger, patna, police officials, police station, samastipur, school police, school principal, shocking incident