Schalke goalkeeper injured, out for two monthsJuly 10th, 2008 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, July 10 (Xinhua) Schalke 04 goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, also a back-up goalkeeper for German national football squad, will be kept out from the pitch for around two month after a surgery, the German Bundesliga club said. Neuer sustained the injury in his right foot during a pre-season game in Erkenschwick Tuesday, and he underwent surgery on a foot fracture Wednesday. A metal plate was inserted in the foot.
Neuer, 22, will miss the mid-August start of the Bundesliga season and the team’s Champions League qualifying round matches. Reserve goalkeeper Mathias Schober is the likely man to take his place.
Neuer is also seen as a national team candidate if current number one goalkeeper Jens Lehmann resigns.
- Goalkeeper Hildebrand extends contract with Schalke - May 09, 2012
- Schalke signs goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand - Oct 22, 2011
- Uchida extends stay at Schalke till 2015 - Aug 17, 2012
- Dortmund humble Bayern to win German Cup - May 13, 2012
- German coach Loew drops Cacau from Euro 2012 squad - May 29, 2012
- Raul rejects contract extension - Apr 20, 2012
- Germany reveal provisional squad for Euro 2012 - May 08, 2012
- Farfan extends contract with German side Schalke 04 - Apr 29, 2012
- Monchengladbach's Neustadter signs with Schalke 04 - Jan 11, 2012
- Dortmund and Bayern win in Bundesliga - Apr 08, 2012
- Heldt extends contract with German side Schalke - Sep 09, 2012
- Schalke sign Swiss midfielder Barnetta - Jul 04, 2012
- Schalke, Hannover grab victories in German Bundesliga - Mar 19, 2012
- Schalke offers Raul new contract - Mar 02, 2012
- Bayern Munich extend lead in Bundesliga with win over Augsburg - Nov 07, 2011