Saudi Princess eyes investment in American luxury brandsAugust 6th, 2010 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Aug 06 (ANI): Saudi Princess Maha al-Sudairi visited New York not just for shopping and sightseeing but also with a purpose of investing in American luxury brands.
According to sources, the Saudi royal family has been here for several weeks looking to invest in American luxury brands.
Princess Al-Sudairi retained the services of fashion consultant Malcolm Harris to help them invest in or buy several brands headquartered in New York.
The brands included Tory Burch, Yigal Azrouel, Narcisco Rodriguez, and newcomers Alexander Wang and Phillip Lim.
“The idea is to use fashion to bridge the cultural gap,” The New York Post quoted Harris as saying.
“There are certain companies that would translate nicely,” he added.
Saudi women have a liking for western fashion and prefer wearing them inside their homes. (ANI)
- Fashion's Night Out By American Express - Sep 02, 2010
- Billy Joel desperate to win ex-wife Katie Lee back - Aug 03, 2009
- Indian designers: Merry time in global arena (2011 In Retrospect) (With images) - Dec 19, 2011
- Emma Watson to launch 'green' fashion line - Mar 06, 2011
- Beyonce designs shirt for Obama's campaign - Jan 14, 2012
- Kidswear market boon for Indian economy: Designer Rocky S (With Image) - Jan 14, 2012
- Italian fashion house Valentino sold - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Paltrow became the brand ambassador of luxury leather - Apr 28, 2011
- Vera Wang announces separation from her husband Arthur Becker - Jul 12, 2012
- Vera Wang to design Kim Kardashian's wedding gown - Aug 02, 2011
- JJ Valaya completes 20 years, rolls out vintage tour (With Images) - Apr 19, 2012
- L Capital's $640 million for investments in India, China - Mar 30, 2011
- Saudi princess splashes out $10K at leather goods store - May 17, 2010
- January Jones dubbed 'the most glamorous actress of our time' - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,