Saudi man divorces wife through SMS!April 10th, 2009 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 10 (ANI): A Saudi man divorced his wife by uttering ‘I divorce you’ thrice through a text message.
According to the Arab News, the man was in Iraq to participate in “what he described as ‘jihad’ when he sent the SMS telling his wife that he’s divorcing her, reports The Telegraph.
He confirmed the split by telephoning two of his relatives.
A court in the Red Sea city of Jeddah has finalised the split after summoning the two relatives to check they had received word of the husband’s intention, said the paper.
This is the first known divorce in Saudi Arabia by text message. (ANI)
- Saudi Arabia honours Indian envoy - Jul 12, 2011
- Saudi ordered to read Quran as wife-beating punishment - May 11, 2012
- Salman Khurshid arrives for Saudi Arabian prince's funeral - Jun 17, 2012
- Krishna leaves for Saudi Arabia - Mar 25, 2011
- Osama's youngest wife to leave Pakistan for Yemen - Jun 22, 2011
- Anti-impotence pill ad in Saudi Arabia draws complaints - Sep 08, 2010
- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain hold security talks - Jul 10, 2012
- Osama bin Laden timeline - May 02, 2011
- An Advertisement For An Anti-Impotence Pill In Saudi Arabia Engenders A Downpour Of Complaints - Sep 08, 2010
- Techno savvy Saudi imam plans to use iPad in sermons - Apr 15, 2011
- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain discuss bilateral relations - Aug 01, 2012
- Saudi rulers looking for 'another Musharraf' in place of 'rotten head' Zardari as Pak ruler - Dec 02, 2010
- Saudi Arabia to build world's largest gold factory - Jan 05, 2011
- British-Indian faces jail in Dubai for insulting Prophet - Aug 09, 2012
- Saudi King Abdullah names Prince Salman crown prince - Jun 20, 2012