Saudi Arabia condemns Russian accusations over SyriaMarch 9th, 2012 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Riyadh, March 9 (IANS) Saudi Arabia has condemned a Russian statement accusing it of supporting terrorism in Syria.
“Such irresponsible statements are mistaking the reality of the kingdom’s keenness to deal with the Syrian crisis according to the rules of international legitimacy, and through the (UN) Security Council which is concerned with preserving the international peace and security,” a Saudi foreign ministry statement said.
“The Russian accusations are based on false assumptions repeated by the Syrian media which is negated by the international community claiming that Al Qaeda along with other armed terrorist groups form the basis of the Syrian opposition,” the statement said.
“This approach reflects a clear support to the regime to commit what rises to the level of crimes against humanity, which might subject the supporter of these acts to moral, legal and criminal law responsibility,” the statement added.
- Russia-Saudi Arabia: A growing strain - Sep 06, 2012
- European group calls for UNSC arms embargo on Syria - Apr 27, 2012
- US blames Russia, China for Annan mission failure - Aug 03, 2012
- Moscow ready to host conference on Syria - Jun 13, 2012
- UNSC condemns diplomatic premises attacks in Syria - Nov 16, 2011
- Syria says it won't go the Libya way - Apr 22, 2012
- Western role in Syria will prove costly: Assad - Feb 07, 2012
- Syria vote not for regime change: India - Feb 06, 2012
- US senators seek sanctions on Russian firm - Mar 13, 2012
- Royal wedding: Syrian ambassador's invitation withdrawn - Apr 28, 2011
- Russia, China kill India-backed resolution on Syria (Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Russia to oppose UNGA's Syria resolution - Aug 02, 2012
- Ahmadinejad invited to Saudi Arabia to discuss Syria - Aug 06, 2012
- Saudi Arabia closes embassy in Syria - Mar 15, 2012
- Saudi Arabia recalls its ambassador from Syria - Aug 08, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,