Satellite images reveal where people swear the most!January 25th, 2011 - 5:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 25 (ANI): A new map shows a unique geographical feature - places where people swear the most.
The map, derived from messages posted on Twitter, shows the areas where the foulest language was used in tweets, reports the Daily Mail.
While brighter colours or ‘mountains’ show a higher proportion of blue (which indicates more swearing), the darker red areas - the ‘plains’ - reveal the more discreet online contributors.
According to the map, tweeters in Seattle were more likely to swear, while those in Salt Lake City clearly less.
However, online users in Cincinnati, Salt Lake City, Minneapolis and Maine are that bit more content.
The sample information of profanities was taken between March and April last year. (ANI)
- Celeb whose tweets influenced news stories in 2010 - Jan 09, 2011
- Person's Twitter 'accent' can reveal where they are from - Jan 08, 2011
- Bestselling teen novels bristle with swear words - May 18, 2012
- African lake turns red from high levels of salt - Jun 04, 2012
- Baby put on sale online in Mexico - Feb 13, 2012
- Most Literate cities list topped by Seattle - Dec 25, 2009
- Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr found dead at age 44 - Mar 09, 2011
- New York unveils digital map to help job seekers - May 16, 2012
- Department of Homeland Security to provide advanced imaging technology to 28 airports - Jul 20, 2010
- Google's eye in sky could catch you with pants down - Jun 11, 2012
- Profanity in visual media spurs teen aggression - Oct 17, 2011
- Digital photos could put your kids at risk - Feb 10, 2012
- Sea salt no healthier than table salt - Nov 17, 2011
- Tevez, Di Maria to be seen alongside Messi in Kolkata friendly - Jun 06, 2011
- Track public health trends, through Twitter - Jul 07, 2011