Sarkozy picks sexy TV star as new face of ethnic diversity in FranceMarch 25th, 2009 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 25 (ANI): French President Nicolas Sarkozy has continued the tradition of adding the oomph factor in his government. He has lined up glamorous TV news presenter Christine Kelly to replace Rachida Dati as the new face of ethnic diversity in the country.
Sarkozy has handpicked Kelly, 39, to become a leading figure in his government in his next reshuffle.
The move follows his decision to sack Dati, the 43-year-old justice minister and single mother who had been a role model for ethnic minorities.
Kelly, born on the Caribbean island of Guadeloupe, a department of France, is expected to become minister for overseas territories.
The stunner is as well known for appearing in bikinis as suits. She recently wrote a book about the Arsenal and France footballer William Gallas.
“Mr Sarkozy is hugely impressed that she is not only attractive, but in touch with the modern world, The Telegraph quoted a source in the governing UMP party, as saying.
The source added: “He is aware that Rachida’’s imminent disappearance will create a gaping hole, and is certain that Christine will be the person to fill it.
“Christine has a huge fan base thanks to her regular appearances in the media, and will be a massive asset.”
Kelly is currently a presenter on the French news channel LCI.
In January, Dati burst into tears when she was told by the President that she would have to step down. The sacking took place just days after she had given birth to Zohra, a daughter. But she has so far refused to name the father of the baby. (ANI)
- Two criminals of France claim they fathered MEP Rachida Dati's love child - Mar 12, 2011
- 'Nicolas Sarkozy blames Rachida Dati for spreading affair rumors' - Apr 01, 2010
- Rachida Dati's 'plan to oust Carla Bruni-Sarkozy from Elysee Palace' - Sep 17, 2010
- Frenchman who asked Rachida Dati for 'an inflation' locked up for 2 days - Oct 30, 2010
- 'Frustrated' Rachida Dati 'can't stand' European Parliament - Dec 16, 2009
- A caress may spell the end of Dati child's father mystery - Feb 14, 2010
- French MEP Rachida Dati confuses fellatio with inflation - Sep 27, 2010
- Dati's gynaecologist risks being struck off medical register over 'delivery article' - May 17, 2009
- Carla Bruni calms storm over marriage crisis rumours - Apr 08, 2010
- Is Sarkozys brother French ministers babys mystery father? - Jan 06, 2009
- French presidential polls begin in overseas regions - May 06, 2012
- UK Justice Secretary says he'd love if Muslim women wouldn't wear burkhas in Britain - Feb 22, 2010
- How Sarkozys clinical sacking left Dati ''in floods of tears'' - Jan 29, 2009
- Two headstrong French female ministers have Sarkozy on the mat! - Dec 14, 2008
- Controversial French minister Rachida Dati is unsackable - Jan 18, 2009
Tags: caribbean island, christine kelly, ethnic diversity, ethnic minorities, footballer, french news, french president nicolas, french president nicolas sarkozy, gaping hole, justice minister, lci, news presenter, nicolas sarkozy, oomph, overseas territories, president nicolas sarkozy, reshuffle, sexy tv, single mother, william gallas