Sarah Palin’s gun-toting stalker arrested in AlaskaMarch 8th, 2011 - 11:47 am ICT by ANI
London, March 08 (ANI): Sarah Palin’s stalker, who sent threatening letters to her, has been arrested in her home state of Alaska.
In October, Shawn Christy, 19, from Pennsylvania, had been issued a court order warning him to keep away from the Republican former-vice presidential candidate, reports the Daily Mail.
But Palin’s family have revealed that Christy was held by the FBI in Anchorage, 50 miles from her home town of Wasilla. Authorities have ordered him to return to Pennsylvania.
Christy had told family members he planned to travel to Wasilla to try and get the restraining order against him dismissed.
Last month the teenager filed a legal motion to remove the six-month restraining order, imposed after he sent the 46-year-old former governor threatening emails and letters.
He even sent receipts from a gun purchase to Palin and her longtime friend, Kristan Cole.
In Palin’s request for protection, she said Christy started badgering her aides last summer with “frequent and persistent” attempts to set up a meeting with her.
She claimed he threatened to track her down at book signings in Alaska.
“Petitioner and counsel allege that the respondent has made numerous implied threats in his telephonic and written communication including references to his guns, telling petitioner that she better watch her back and saying that he is buying a one way ticket to Alaska and sending the receipt for purchase of the guns,” were claims in the court document.
Palin testified that Christy was delusional in his statements that he has had direct communication or contact with her or her daughter.
“Petitioner also testified that respondent has falsely claimed to have had a sexual relationship with petitioner,” the filing included.
It added that the Republican’s lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, provided evidence that the secret service investigated respondent alleging that he had threatened or said he wanted to sexually assault Palin.
Christy was also alleged to have signed off letters to Palin with “your magic enemy.” (ANI)
- Sarah Palin takes legal action against teen stalker - Oct 02, 2010
- Sarah Palin granted restraining order against Pennsylvania 'stalker' - Sep 30, 2010
- Sarah Palin's parents 'sleep with guns' after receiving death threats - Mar 08, 2011
- Palin gets restraining order after stalker 'threatens to rape her daughter' - Apr 15, 2011
- Sarah Palin gets restraining order against her stalker - Apr 15, 2011
- Sarah Palin asks judge 'not to give stalker her address' - Mar 20, 2011
- Sarah Palin not to run for president - Oct 06, 2011
- Palin used Alaska ethics scandal to achieve political stardom - Oct 24, 2010
- Media houses restrained from publishing Singhvi CD - Apr 16, 2012
- Former aide accuses Palin of breaching state election law in 2006 gubernatorial campaign - Feb 21, 2011
- Sarah Palin Name Trademark Refused - Feb 06, 2011
- Palins rule out divorce rumors - Aug 03, 2009
- Palin hunts caribou in Alaska on reality show - Dec 07, 2010
- McGinniss Accused Of Stalking Palin - Jun 02, 2010
- GOP leadership could target Palin if it falls short in Nov Senate polls - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: book signings, christy, court document, daily mail, gun purchase, legal motion, london march, longtime friend, persistent attempts, petitioner, respondent, restraining order, sarah palin, secret service, sexual relationship, stalker, state of alaska, telephonic, thomas van, way ticket