Sarah Palin slams Joe McGinniss in TLC show premiereNovember 15th, 2010 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov 15 (ANI): Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has criticised journalist Joe McGinniss, who moved next door to her to write about her, in the pilot of her new reality show on TLC.
Palin, 46, has described McGinniss’ move over the summer as an “intrusion” and an “invasion of the family’s privacy”, and she spared no words in showing her displeasure during the first minutes of the show.
“Where I like to do a lot of my writing and researching - especially on a beautiful day - is outside, on our slab, where I get to take in the beauty of the lake,” CBS News quoted her as referring to a patio-like slab of cement in the family’s backyard, which faces Alaska’s Lake Lucille.
“Our behaviour certainly has changed this summer because of this new neighbour,” she said on the ‘Sarah Palin’s Alaska’ show.
Todd Palin, Sarah Palin’s husband, had built a 14-foot fence between the two houses shortly after McGinniss moved in.
“Our summer fun has kind of been taken away from us because of a new neighbour next door who’s writing a hit piece on my wife,” he added.
McGinniss, the author several best-selling books, has said repeatedly that he has done nothing to violate the family’s privacy.
Nevertheless, Palin repeatedly referenced the journalist on the show’s Sunday premiere, and warned her daughter Piper not to let him have “the pleasure” of taking any pictures of her.
“Is he taking pictures? Don’t give him the pleasure of taking a picture,” Palin warns, as the family troops inside after a salmon-fishing expedition.
“He was stuck inside writing an ugly book - see, we one-upped him. We had a good day and he’s stuck in his house,” she added.
In the show, McGinniss (whose face is blurred out, and who is never mentioned by name) is pictured sitting on an upstairs deck reading a book with no camera in sight. (ANI)
- Cover of new book about Sarah Palin revealed - Mar 15, 2011
- Author Inscribing A Book About Sarah Palin Moves Into A House That Is Next To Hers - May 26, 2010
- Sarah Palin' biographer Joe McGinniss to leave her neighboring house - Sep 06, 2010
- Sarah Palin's 'stalker' author moving to Massachusetts - Sep 05, 2010
- Palins change behaviour after author writing book on her moves next door - Aug 02, 2010
- Sarah Palin's Biographer Neighbour Joe McGinniss Leaves Alaska - Sep 06, 2010
- Palin's neighbour approached journalist to rent out house for tell-all book - May 28, 2010
- Biographer Of Sarah Palin All Set To Leave - Sep 06, 2010
- "Sarah Palin's Alaska" Premieres On TLC - Nov 15, 2010
- Author Joe McGinniss Is The New Neighbor Of Sarah Palin - May 26, 2010
- Sarah Palin vents fury about exposé seeking neighbour on Facebook - May 26, 2010
- Sarah Palin's new neighbour is writing an expose about her - May 26, 2010
- Sarah Palin offered $1 mn for lie detector test - Sep 25, 2011
- Palin's Biography writer Joe McGinniss says that he doesn't want to spy - Jun 02, 2010
- Sarah Palin Erects Fence To Ward Off New Reporter Neighbor - May 29, 2010
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, beautiful day, best selling books, cbs news, daughter piper, displeasure, first minutes, fishing expedition, foot fence, governor sarah palin, joe mcginniss, lake lucille, neighbour, new reality show, reading a book, s lake, salmon fishing, sarah palin, todd palin, upstairs deck