Sarah Palin signs her book “America by Heart” for Iowa fansNovember 28th, 2010 - 3:20 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Nov 28 (ANI): Sarah Palin visited a book signing event in West Des Moines, Iowa, on Saturday and autograph a few hundred copies of her latest work “America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith and Flag” that was released last week.
The line of autograph seekers that snaked around the bookstore buzzed with the same two questions that trail Palin to all public appearances these days: would she and should she?
Those expecting some additional clarity regarding her intentions, however, would leave disappointed.
“Thank you for your encouragement,” the New York Times quoted her as telling her more enthusiastic supporters.
During the three-hour visit Palin was kept insulated from both the crowd and the news media.
She arrived and exited from a separate entrance and spent her time behind a black curtain at the back of the store, though two of her daughters wandered freely, passing out bookmarks and signing their own autographs.
People were required to leave their phones, cameras, purses and coats behind before approaching Palin. Reporters were prohibited from asking questions.
Those waiting in line ranged from curious fans to devoted political supporters. Outside, two people collected signatures on behalf of the Web site Organize4Palin.com. But there was a mix of strong opinions as to whether Palin should declare herself a candidate.
This is her third visit to the state since the presidential campaign. The previous visits were last December for an earlier book tour and last September for a fund-raiser for the state Republican party. Palin will return to the state on Thursday at the end of her nine-day, 13-state book tour for an appearance in Spirit Lake.
With a beaming smile she signed books, posed for photos and urged the crowd to watch her show the next night. But she sidestepped a question from a reporter about when she would decide to run.
“Oh my goodness!” she said.
Then another person asked for her autograph.
“Thanks for changing the subject for me,” she added. (ANI)
- Sarah Palin still keeps everyone guessing on 2012 presidential run - Nov 30, 2010
- Sarah Palin still an American political heavyweight - Nov 24, 2009
- Ex-Arkansas Guv Huckabee predicts Palin win in 2012 - Nov 23, 2010
- Sarah Palin's Iowa visit spurs talk of US Presidential run - Dec 07, 2009
- Palin's Iowa trip, Friday's Republican dinner, points to 2012 presidential run - Sep 13, 2010
- Piper Palin alleges that the press has ruined her family vacation - Jun 03, 2011
- Sarah Palin to launch 9-day, 16-stop signing tour for new book - Nov 13, 2010
- Palin drops to fifth place in GOP 2012 presidential primary race - Apr 09, 2011
- Sarah Palin pushes midterm election candidates, teases possible presidential candidacy bid - Sep 18, 2010
- Palin spent $63k on 'Going Rogue' copies for supporters! - Feb 02, 2010
- Sarah Palin's book 'America by Heart' fails to impress - Dec 11, 2010
- Sarah Palin cancels Sudan trip - Jun 24, 2011
- Kristi Yamaguchi releases her book - Mar 30, 2011
- The Johnny Gosch story - Nov 10, 2009
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: autograph seekers, black curtain, curious fans, family faith, fund raiser, heart reflections, iowa fans, last september, new york times, oh my goodness, political supporters, presidential campaign, public appearances, sarah palin, spirit lake, state republican party, strong opinions, waiting in line, west des moines, west des moines iowa