Sarah Palin says claims made in her biography mere fantasiesFebruary 19th, 2009 - 2:48 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 19 (ANI): An unauthorized biography of Sarah Palin, written by a People magazine Assistant Editor, has been criticized by Alaska Governors spokeswoman, who said that it cant be trusted.
The newly released Trailblazer: An Intimate Biography of Sarah Palin, written by Lorenzo Benet, contains an intriguing claim that runs counter to previously published reports about how Palin ended up as GOP presidential nominee John McCains running mate, reports Politico.com.
The book states that Palin learned that she was on the vice-presidential shortlist at a February 2008 governors meeting in Washington six months earlier than recounted in a statement released in August by the McCain campaign.
An advance copy of the book states, She had spent the previous few weeks increasing her national profile. She had traveled to Washington, D.C., for the National Governors Conference, where she met privately with John McCain and learned she was on the short list as a running mate,
However, Benets account has been disputed by Palin, whose camp is accusing the author of writing fantasies and practicing bad journalism.
In a statement, Palin spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton said there was no movement on the vice presidential selection until August, a story corroborated by accounts from within the McCain campaign.
According to several sources familiar with the February meeting, it marked the first time Palin met McCain in person.
The author has his facts wrong on this one. Nothing happened on the VP selection until August. Getting such an important fact wrong casts doubts on whatever else might be in the book. And attributing his conjecture to the governor is bad journalism. The governor did not authorize this book and is not responsible for whatever fantasies the author might conjure up, Politico.com quoted Stapleton, as saying.
Benet said that his account of the exchange between Palin and McCain was not based on information provided by the governor.
Its my belief that was when she knew she was in the game. I cant say whether thats what she was told or if thats what she wanted, Benet said.
Benet added that the line was based off my own sourcing and that its my own gut instinct; she
- Sarah Palin blasts 'tell-all' campaign book - Jan 11, 2010
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in new movie 'Game Change' - Apr 28, 2011
- Was Sarah Palin added to John McCain's 'short list' for gender balance? - Mar 13, 2011
- Meghan McCain Writes On 'Dirty Sexy Politics' - Sep 01, 2010
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
- HBO releases 1st picture of Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin - Apr 28, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Palin's trusted aide resigns, to spend more time with family - Feb 25, 2010
- HBO making a miniseries on Dick Cheney - Mar 22, 2011
- Sarah Palin all set to help john McCain - Jan 22, 2010
- Piper Palin alleges that the press has ruined her family vacation - Jun 03, 2011
- McCain says he is very "proud" of Palin - Dec 07, 2009
- Sarah Palin to address annual conclave Saturday - Mar 17, 2011
- Julianne Moore to play Sarah Palin in HBO film - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: alaska governors, benets, book states, conjecture, fantasies, intimate biography, john mccain, john mccains, lorenzo benet, mccain campaign, national governors conference, people magazine, presidential nominee, presidential selection, running mate, sarah palin, shortlist, spokeswoman, stapleton, unauthorized biography