Sarah Palin mocks Michelle Obama’s breastfeeding initiativeFebruary 18th, 2011 - 11:50 am ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 18 (ANI): Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has slammed First Lady Michelle Obama after the latter promoted breast-feeding as part of her campaign against childhood obesity.
Palin followed in Rep. Michele Bachmann’s footsteps and took a swipe at Mrs. Obama, mocking her efforts to get mothers to breast-feed their children.
“No wonder Michelle Obama is telling everybody, ‘You’d better breast-feed your baby,” The Politico quoted her as saying at a Long Island appearance, after slamming President Barack Obama for rising gas prices and other items - like milk - since he took office.
“Yeah, you’d better, because the price of milk is so high right now.”
The comments come two days after Bachmann accused the first lady of trying to implement a “nanny state.”
“To think that government has to go out and buy my breast pump for my babies? You wanna talk about the nanny state, I think you just got a new definition.” (ANI)
- Nobody's more qualified for White House multitasking than "a woman, a mom": Palin - Feb 18, 2011
- Sarah Palin once promoted breastfeeding like Michelle Obama - Feb 19, 2011
- Sarah Palin's breastfeeding joke backfires - Feb 19, 2011
- Michelle Obama promotes breastfeeding - Feb 16, 2011
- Soon, a mother's milk bank for NSW mums who can't breastfeed - Nov 29, 2010
- Study reveals that there are less behavior problems for breast fed babies - May 11, 2011
- Kim Kardashian claims that her 'breastfeeding tweet' was misunderstood - Jun 22, 2010
- Michelle Obama defends 'fattening' White House Super Bowl party menu - Feb 09, 2011
- Women unaware of breastfeeding norms in China - Aug 08, 2010
- Parenting magazine slammed for calling breastfeeding 'creepy' - Jun 27, 2010
- Breastfeeding women hold protest after abuse in cafe - Jul 05, 2012
- Mike Huckabee defends Michelle Obama in food fight with Sarah Palin - Dec 23, 2010
- Breastfeeding mechanics revealed - May 13, 2010
- Minnesota's Bachmann posing a challenge to Palin, other GOP leaders - Jan 27, 2011
- Republican presidential candidates spar over everything - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, babies, barack obama, breast feeding, breast pump, breastfeeding, childhood obesity, first lady, footsteps, governor sarah palin, initiative, island appearance, long island, michele bachmann, michelle obama, mocks, nanny state, rising gas prices, sarah palin, swipe