Sarah Palin defends ‘liberal target’ Miss CaliforniaMay 14th, 2009 - 12:39 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 14 (ANI): Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has defended controversy laden Miss California Carrie Prejean against “the liberal onslaught of malicious attacks.”
Carrie was speculated to have lost the Miss USA crown after she spoke against same sex marriages while responding to a question during the competition.
The 21-year-old, who bagged the first runner-up title on April 19, had evoked a mixed reaction for her anti-gay marriage answer, with some crying out for her title to be stripped off her while conservatives hailed her as a star.
And now, the former vice-presidential nominee for the 2008 United States presidential election has praised the beauty for standing tall for her beliefs and not succumbing to “politically-motivated attacks”.
“I respect Carrie for standing strong and staying true to herself, and for not letting those who disagree with her deny her protection under the nation’s First Amendment Rights. Our Constitution protects us all - not just those who agree with the far left,” the Politico quoted Palin as saying.
She added: “What I find so remarkable is that these politically-motivated attacks fail to show that what Carrie and I believe is also what President Obama and Secretary Clinton believe - marriage is between a man and a woman.”
Palin, 45, further commended Donald Trump, who owns the Miss USA organization, for not taking away Carrie’s Miss California crown after her nude picture was leaked online following her answer in the contest. (ANI)
- Carrie Prejean sues Miss California organization over discrimination - Sep 01, 2009
- Miss California Carrie Prejean dumped again - Jun 11, 2009
- Ex-Miss USA says Sarah Palin can offer 'so much more' - Jul 10, 2009
- Miss USA runner-up Carrie Prejean joins gay marriage ad campaign - May 01, 2009
- Miss California Carrie Prejean stripped of her crown - Jun 11, 2009
- Donald Trump to make the final call on Miss USA runner-up's fate - May 12, 2009
- Carrie Prejean Marries Long Term Boyfriend Kyle Boller - Jul 05, 2010
- Former beauty queen Carrie Prejean to wed NFL quarterback Kyle Boller - Jun 30, 2010
- Donald Trump defends Miss California's gay marriage comments - Apr 24, 2009
- Donald Trump advices Carrie Prejean to become porn star - Nov 20, 2009
- Axed Carrie Prejean's lawyer hits back at 'contract violation' claims - Jun 12, 2009
- Shanna Moakler quits Miss USA over Miss California controversy - May 14, 2009
- Miss USA Kristen Dalton not taking sides in Carrie Prejean controversy - Apr 24, 2009
- Miss USA runner-up now in topless photo scandal - May 06, 2009
- Carrie Prejean being encouraged to surrender Miss California title - May 09, 2009
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, carrie, conservatives, donald trump, first amendment rights, gay marriage, governor sarah palin, malicious attacks, man and a woman, miss california, miss usa, obama, onslaught, prejean, presidential nominee, same sex marriages, sarah palin, target, united states presidential election, usa organization