Sania to play Karatantcheva in Family Cup openerApril 13th, 2009 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Charleston (US), April 13 (IANS) India’s Sania Mirza will play Bulgarian-born Kazakh Sesil Karatantcheva in the opening round of $1 million Family Cup tennis tournament.
Sania, on her comeback trail, reached the Pattaya Open final in February, but since then she has made early exits.
Sania, ranked 100, is meeting Karatantcheva, ranked 133, for the second time. When the two met at the 2004 Palm Beach Gardens final, Karatantcheva won 3-6, 6-2, 7-5.
The winner of the Sania-Karatantcheva match runs into second seed Venus Williams who has received a bye in the first round.
- Sania to meet Venus in Family Circle second round - Apr 15, 2009
- Sania-Bethanie in final of WTA Brussels Open - May 24, 2012
- Pattaya Open: Sania in singles, doubles quarterfinals - Feb 09, 2012
- Wimbledon: Sania-Elena advance, Bopanna-Qureshi ousted (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- I'm back to playing my best tennis: Sania Mirza (Interview) - Jun 14, 2011
- Pattaya Open: Sania out of singles, doubles hopes alive - Feb 10, 2012
- Sania cracks top 10 in doubles, slips 17 ranks in singles - Sep 12, 2011
- French Open: Sania-Bethanie hope to make a strong start - May 28, 2012
- Sania-Mattek win Brussels Open - May 28, 2012
- Somdev in second round of Indian Wells - Mar 11, 2011
- French title will not get Sania-Bhupathi London ticket - Jun 08, 2012
- Olympics: Sodhi, Bhagwan disappoint for India (Evening Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- We hold the edge in the final: Sania (Lead) - Jun 02, 2011
- Wimbledon: Sania crashes out in singles first round - Jun 21, 2011
- French Open: Sania-Bhupathi in final, Paes-Vesnina knocked out (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012